Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is "supernatural"?

alexey

Peter, I get a sense that you're more focused on arguing with me than doing some research on what we know about memory and why there is no good reason to view such accounts as accurate representations of events.

He noticed something moving in the dark but did not become aware of it, got a weird feeling, and did not change lanes. The rest is just human memory doing what human memory does. There is really no mystery here.

You cannot say I noticed something movig in the dark if I didnt. Or said i had a uneasy feeling cause that also would be untrue. You would be now fabricating my story to side what you think happened and that I seen something I didn't. If I said I seen something I would be lying. I don't buy the you remember so well which is why there could be more errors because if something happened like that to you, you will remember it just like I did, vividly. I'm sure there have been things happened to you that you remember vividly. It's your choice of your beliefs and look for science to explain what happened when it cannot.

Ps: if memory has so many errors and can't be relied upon, why do we use eye witnesses in court? Their memory could be flawed and seeing something so clear can't possibly be true?

Ps: if memory has so many errors and can't be relied upon, why do we use eye witnesses in court? Their memory could be flawed and seeing something so clear can't possibly be true?

Eye witness testimony is very unreliable and almost certainly over used in court, but that's because small details matter.

Did the person have brown hair or black hair, was it a red or a brown car, was the person 5'8 or 6'2?

People routinely get those levels of details wrong, especially in traumatic circumstances.

If your story hinged on the truck being green and not blue, then even I'd say you likely have issues.

Big picture things, some people ran into the bank holding guns and then some time later (we're really bad with exact time too) ran out holding bags of money.

That's fine, but the details tend to be garabage and if you start taking into account the details, it isn't uncommon for different eye witnesses to give contradictory stories.

Well I couldn't tell you what color the truck was cause it was pitch black on the road...

And I believe that if you are telling a story of experience from a supernatural event, you won't forget details...but if you read my story I don't know the details of what time it was specifically, what color the truck was cause I couldn't tell you. I can give an estimate to the time based on time I got off and was driving home, I have no idea what color the truck was because iit was too dark and even so night time something maybe black but be blue or a dark green etc etc.

But no matter what eye testimony is still used and if a witness says they seen somebody kill another, that's classified as evidence in the prosecutors case.

The major difference is when one experiences a divine experience/supernatural event...you will remember what happened specifically to that point. In my case, I remember what I was doing, what I heard and from me listening to the voice my life was saved. That is the fact of the story.

Is prophecy such as having dreams predict future a natural experience or would that be supernatural?

You cannot say I noticed something movig in the dark if I didnt. Or said i had a uneasy feeling cause that also would be untrue. You would be now fabricating my story to side what you think happened and that I seen something I didn't. If I said I seen something I would be lying.

Unfortunately the everyday language is not very good for accurately describing these dynamics.

You are saying that you did not become consciously aware of noticing something moving in the dark. That is all you can really say, since you do not have access to contents of your subconsciousness.

Your account does not eliminate a possibility of your senses perceiving something moving in the dark without this information reaching your awareness.

In case you are tempted to dispute the above possibility, please note that this happens all the time, every second that you are awake. Tons and tons of sensory information gets processed without reaching your awareness ALL THE TIME. This happens continuously. This is how your brain works, only becoming aware of the tiny-tiny slice of sensory data.

I don't buy the you remember so well which is why there could be more errors because if something happened like that to you, you will remember it just like I did, vividly. I'm sure there have been things happened to you that you remember vividly. It's your choice of your beliefs and look for science to explain what happened when it cannot.

I know too much about the human brain to convince myself that vividness of memories = accuracy of recall.

I don't think you read the previous link I posted... please read it before replying because we're going in circles now:

http://www.visualexpert.com/Resources/eyewitnessmemory.html

Archived