Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Dynasty Fantasy Football League Looking for One New Owner --- $30.00 Buy-In (MFL/League Safe)

Conn

Sorry for the Stadium interruption, but we've recruited here in the past when necessary and it has worked out great.

A copy of this is also posted in the Tailgate section of the forum but as each subsection draws drastically different groups of posters, especially this time of year, I figured I'd hit both places.

--------

Going into its 6th season, the ES Dynasty League is looking for one new owner. We're trying to fill the spot now with a great owner, so that you have a couple of months to get acquainted with the league scoring, roster rules, bylaws, the leagues other owners, trade values, etc. before the NFL draft.

We're looking for a dedicated owner who can't get enough of the NFL, fantasy football, and specifically dynasty fantasy football. An owner who wants to take their roster and turn it into a dominant championship contender.

We're looking for someone who is active on ES, so we know you'll be around, be active, and be a big part of our discussions over in the Fantasy Football Forum.

This is NOT your average fantasy league. A very high level of activity is required and expected year-round. Previous dynasty experience is something we'd like to see, but its not required if you're an experienced redraft/keeper league owner who knows his **** and is enthusiastic about learning the ropes. Being a college football fan, or at least an NFL fan who loves to follow the draft, is also a major plus, because evaluating and drafting/trading for talent is a huge part of success in a dynasty league. If you're the type to log into your ESPN league a few times a week to make waiver wire claims and set your lineup, this league isn't for you.

Here are the most important details:

The league is hosted on MFL (myfantasyleague.com) and is a NOT a free league. There is a $30.00 buy-in, and like most legit dynasty leagues we will be using the very legitimate Leaguesafe to hold and dispense league dues/winnings.

We expect owners to be insanely competitive and active, improving their roster in any way possible and starting the best lineup possible every single week. Not logging in for days, or starting an incomplete lineup, etc. is not acceptable.

It is standard PPR scoring with 6 pts for all TD's, light return yardage and lighter IDP scoring (For reference, the best IDP ranked #59 overall in our scoring system, and that was only because JJ Watt was a freak--the next highest scoring defensive player was #158 overall).

We start 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB

In-season rosters are 30 slots for active players. We also have 5 spots for a Practice Squad, and 3 spots for an Injured Reserve. Off-season rosters expand to 40 slots for active players, and we have multiple cut-down dates leading up to the regular season. We hold our Rookie Draft in April/May, right after the NFL draft.

For those applying who have mostly redraft experience, be aware that there is much more trading involved in a dynasty league. You will have to become comfortable with judging player values and making trades, risky or not, its up to you. But for whoever we choose, I recommend going back through past trades that have happened to get an idea of the relative values of young players, veteran players, draft picks, future draft picks, etc. You can mold your roster as you wish through the draft, FA, waiver wire, and most importantly, through trades. I can't stress enough how much trade action there is in this league. Be prepared for lots of PM's. Keep your inbox cleared out.

This is a very competitive league. We are all friendly, but we also are big fans of trash talk, ragging on each other, etc. So if that isn't your style, this probably isn't the league for you. We're looking for someone who is not only going to be the best dynasty owner we can find to fill this spot, but who is also going to be enthusiastic about the league, fit in well, and bring another fun personality to the league's ongoing thread that I already linked to.

If you think you're interested, post in this thread, addressing the following things:

1. Your previous fantasy football experience, as well as dynasty if you have owned a dynasty team before.

2. Your ability to be very active in the league, from waivers, to trades, to the league thread, etc.

3. What you could bring to our league, in your opinion. Why should we choose you?

4. Anything else that you think is relevant, go ahead and include it. It can only help us make our decision, and this is the part of the process where we'll probably see the most who will fit in best, and try the hardest.

Reply in this thread or send me a PM. We're looking for someone capable of being very active, both in terms of team management, and the social aspect here on ES and on MFL. Please keep that in mind when applying. We aren't going to make our decision based upon post count--the most important thing is still to fill these spots with capable, intelligent fantasy owners. But those of you who are well-known around ES will probably have a slight leg up, as we can count on your participation and presence.

Thanks to all who are interested in joining Extremeskins' very own dynasty league. If you post here or PM me, you'll hear back very soon, as we will vote in the newest member as soon as there's a general consensus.

The available roster:

Rodgers, Tannehill

Charles, FJax, DWill, Mendy, Dwyer, Redmen, Pead

Welker, Roddy, Colston, Hilton, Young, Adams, Cooper, Clyde Gates, M. Jenkins

Hernandez, Pettigrew, Moeaki

IDP--Seriously, you don't care. It's not a huge aspect of this league, it's mostly staying on top of matchups and trolling the waiver wire, as most owners use their abundant roster space almost exclusively for lottery ticket offensive players rather than defensive depth. Don't be intimidated by the IDP aspect if you're comfortable with the 6th string WR's and Practice Squad RB's across the league. You'll be fine.

Read it all and make sure it's what you're ready for and then apply within my man. We had like 25+ applicants when we recruited last season, so putting in the work and convincing us you're the guy is half the work. Unfortunately it's not as simple as being interested. ;)

Good luck to all who want in, we'll do our best to pick the best fit, both personality wise and most importantly, serious dynasty owner wise.

Yes gentleman (and any lady applicants that we may have), read carefully and make sure it's a league you're really prepared for. This is a dynasty, not a redraft. It takes work to some degree all year long. We have a great league though, so we're excited to bring aboard one more highly invested owner!

bumpity bump.....i'd actually like to announce that the league has TWO openings. So if you're interested let us know. Both of these teams are in pretty darn good shape...these aren't rebuilds.

Here are both rosters:

Team A:

Rodgers, Tannehill

Charles, FJax, DWill, Mendy, Dwyer, Redmen, Pead

Welker, Roddy, Colston, Hilton, Young, Adams, Cooper, Clyde Gates, M. Jenkins

Hernandez, Pettigrew, Moeaki

Team B:

Peyton, Cutler, Vick

CJ?K, Forte, SJax, Reece, D Richardson, M Bush, D Lewis, Ringer, McKnight

Harvin, Dez, VJax, DJax, Danario Alexander, Binns

Finley, Martellus Bennet, Housler

Good to hear from you guys! Cleared my PM box, sorry about that, bad timing! I'll pass along your interest. The more detailed your PM, the better, I'll post it for the league to see.

Dg, didn't know you were a fantasy guy as well, figured the draft took up all your time! :)

Archived