Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two plays that swung the game...

Skins&Terps07

I agree about the play and how much of a killer it was but I think Alexander's responsibility on that play was spying Wilson if you watch him all the way through. Because he;'s the nearest defender to react to the receiver he looks like he's lost him but he never had him to begin with. He just sat in the middle spying Wilson then reacted to the pass.

That makes sense. Well, someone was probably responsible for covering that TE and got duped because he originally stayed in to block and then released.

Haven't seen this mentioned regarding the pass on 3rd and 12 that was completed...

Did the ball hit the ground? I remember seeing dirt skip up during the catch and was pissed they never showed a replay on it. They did get to the line and the ball of quickly after that (only scored 3 that drive) but that could have potentially played in our favor had he not caught that. Again, I didn't see a replay so can't say for sure if it skipped up/trapped or not

One of the plays that swung the game in my mind (other than the ones already mentioned) was the attempted long pass to Garcon on the third possession of the game (at least I remember it as the third possession -- please correct if I'm wrong). It was a "kill-shot" play call that would have had us up 21-0, but Griffin was just a split second from releasing and ended up fumbling recovered by Chester I think. The replay showed that Garcon was ten yards clear of the CB (Browner?) and that Griffin was under just enough pressure that he couldn't get the pass off. That would have been huge. I remember thinking, just hand the ball off to Morris, but I guess you can't entirely fault Kyle for being aggressive at that particular juncture.

That was a key play.It was 14-3 at the time, right after their FG. Garcon was wide open.

1-10-WAS 23 (11:59) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin sacked at WAS 19 for -4 yards (91-C.Clemons). FUMBLES (91-C.Clemons), recovered by WAS-66-C.Chester at WAS 19. 66-C.Chester to WAS 19 for no gain (99-A.Branch). PENALTY on SEA-39-B.Browner, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 23 - No Play.

Haven't seen this mentioned regarding the pass on 3rd and 12 that was completed...

Did the ball hit the ground? I remember seeing dirt skip up during the catch and was pissed they never showed a replay on it. They did get to the line and the ball of quickly after that (only scored 3 that drive) but that could have potentially played in our favor had he not caught that. Again, I didn't see a replay so can't say for sure if it skipped up/trapped or not

he may not have caught it but man how did two of our guys not tackle him, he caught the ball with 6 yards to go, and Wilson tries to arm tackle him with the second guy bringing him down after the put o a spin move and falls for 2 yards and the first.

to me that was a huge play because Wilson at that point was rattled, our D was getting to him and another 3 and out would have a Seattle D back on the field after they were ****ed slapped since the get go.

Re-watching this game on NFL Network and boy did we have them right where we wanted them. It feels like we were just a big play away from putting their lights out a few different times.

It also gives me so much hope for the future...with healthy QB play for 4 quarters and tighten up the D, we look great on offense. That first quarter couldn't have been more beautiful!

Archived