Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington lays the smack down on Sapp!!!

Luca Brasi

October 8, 2003

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington looked directly into the TV camera and delivered a sharp message to Warren Sapp.

``Sapp,'' Arrington said. ``I'm going to get you.''

Much like the contrived trash talk engendered by broadcast reporters before events the Super Bowl, the Redskins linebacker challenged the Pro Bowl defensive tackle on two fronts Wednesday as the Redskins prepared for Sunday's game against Sapp's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

First, Arrington said he'll take issue if Sapp comes on Washington's side of the field during pregame stretching, as Sapp has been known to do. Such pregame altercations have led the NFL to order officials to take the field 45 minutes before kickoff.

``I'm expecting for Warren Sapp to cause me to grab him -- because he's going to try to run through our lineup in pregame,'' Arrington said. ``You never let a man run through your stretching line. If a team crosses your 50-yard line while you're stretching, there's a problem.

``You don't let somebody come to where your whole team is because that's a blatant show of disrespect, that's a blatant show of 'Why should I go around y'all?'''

Arrington was then asked what will happen if the Bucs use Sapp on offense. Sapp caught a touchdown pass against Atlanta two weeks ago.

``Sapp, I'm going to get you,'' Arrington said, looking straight into one of the cameras from a local TV station.``If they put you out there, I'm going to get him. That's disrespectful in my opinion, too, to put defensive guys on offense that are lineman. I'm gunning. You come out there, you've got some killers on the other side of the ball -- just like you're a killer when you're on defense.''

Wow..I just had a vision of sapp getting his head jarred back by an arrington hit. How GREAT would that be..Everyone andtheir mama's would hear and see about it. Arrington is right on both of his arguements..Sapp is just a dumb@**.

YES! I find it so disrespectful that they put him out there as a TE and throw to him. Thats just like making it a joke on the other team. You have guys that practice all week and their hole lives to play TE, and when it comes time to get into the endzone, he just comes right in. Let me tell you something, there is nothing I would like to see more than Arrington **** this guy up.

You think Lavar is good friends with him and kidding around?? Or you think he's serious.

Unfortunately we passed on him in the draft though. Would love to have Sapp a Skin minus all the bull****. He needs his mouth shut. And ditto to all who said Arrington needs to cover the TE/RB/FB who runs into his zone or is his responsibility. First I want the win, second I want Arrington to play disciplined. After thats done, smacking Sapp in the kisser would be icing on the cake!

Originally posted by Skins26

YES! I find it so disrespectful that they put him out there as a TE and throw to him. Thats just like making it a joke on the other team. You have guys that practice all week and their hole lives to play TE, and when it comes time to get into the endzone, he just comes right in. Let me tell you something, there is nothing I would like to see more than Arrington **** this guy up.

You think Lavar is good friends with him and kidding around?? Or you think he's serious.

Ok, but they are a 2 TE base offense type team much of the time. And they've had TE injury problems. And they were having trouble scoring in the red-zone because of said TE injury problems. How can you blame them for trying it?

According to Sportsline Arrington spoke with Sapp on the phone today and this is what he told him:

"Warren there's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that shat since my first game at Happy Valley. And if you ever heard it, it meant your arse. I never gave much thought what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shat to say to a motherf3cker before I popped his arse. I saw some shat this mornin' made me think twice. See now I'm thinkin', maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9 inches here.. heh heh... well he's the shepherd protecting my righteous arse in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that. But that shat ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Warren. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd. But come Sunday your arse is mine b!tch!"

jules.JPG

Originally posted by WVUorFU

Warren Sapp is also racist. He said that the only reason there are white football players is so white fans will go to the games. This was awhile ago but why wasnt it made into a big deal like rush's comments were??

Because white people were never held in bondage as slaves. So, seriously, do those comments REALLY hurt your feelings? If you knew you had ancestors who were whipped for simply ... well ... living, then those type of comments would be a problem. Sure, the comments are terrible, but, they don't bother me. There's a deep cavern of hurt that many african-american people still harbor because of what we did to them. I don't condone what he said, but I understand where it's coming from and I forgive him.

If I knew there were organizations formed out of hate simply for the color of my skin, I'm sure that statement would sting. But they don't. Because I don't have to endure the embarassment of a history we, as white people, carved out for them and others.

It's really too bad there's such a past. Makes me angry to even think I probably descended from that same type of hate at one point or another, simply because I'm a white man.

Originally posted by GoSkins

Because white people were never held in bondage as slaves. So, seriously, do those comments REALLY hurt your feelings? If you knew you had ancestors who were whipped for simply ... well ... living, then those type of comments would be a problem. Sure, the comments are terrible, but, they don't bother me. There's a deep cavern of hurt that many african-american people still harbor because of what we did to them. I don't condone what he said, but I understand where it's coming from and I forgive him.

If I knew there were organizations formed out of hate simply for the color of my skin, I'm sure that statement would sting. But they don't. Because I don't have to endure the embarassment of a history we, as white people, carved out for them and others.

It's really too bad there's such a past. Makes me angry to even think I probably descended from that same type of hate at one point or another, simply because I'm a white man.

Well said

*Because white people were never held in bondage as slaves.*

Uh, you might want to have somebody read you a history book.

There were slaves of all races and nationalities for thousands of years. The term itself comes from "Slavs", a population in what is now Eastern Europe.

Slavery was ended, at no small cost in blood, primarily by the very Western Civilization you now ignorantly blame for its existance...

Back to he original thread topic....

Sapp pulled that crap last year too ( I can't remember the team).

How do the Colts let that s**t happen???? They are pu**ys IMHO. Talk about taunting...Sapp should have been thrown a 15 yd penalty that should have been assed on the kickoff for that display.

Just goes to show how the game has changed. Can you imagine some ass running thru the warmup area of the 70's Steelers or Raiders, or any team for that matter. Mr Sapp would have knocked on his very fat ass.

:puke:

Thank you Kelvin, well said.

Archived