Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thrash looking like #1

HailVictory

Wow, this guy was our #4 last year and mostly a special teamer, and now he's moved into the number one slot in Philly. Don't know if this is a reflection of Thrash's improvement, or just the pathetic state of Philly's wideouts...

Eagles | Thrash Looking Good -

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports for the Sporting News that Philadelphia Eagles WR James Thrash's role with the Eagles wasn't clear when he first signed earlier this year. However, after three mini-camps it's become clear that Thrash will be the team's No. 1 WR this year. He's shown decent speed and good hands this year while he also seems to have picked up the West Coast offense rather quickly.

Thrash is a talented guy who gives 100%. He is still a bit raw, but last season he proved he could start in this league.

I understand why we had to let him go ... but he is the only WR to leave town lately I would welcome back with open arms. Too bad he went to Philly and I can't wish him well.

I agree, Brave. However, like Connell, he at best is a #2 WR who needs a dominant WR opposite of him so that he doesn't get jammed at the line.

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

Take the latter. Philly will actually be a little less here and there. WR is one of them and a couple of spots on defense, not taking away from Any Reid or the other players, but they didn't just jump out at you on the WR spot, so a player like Thrash, with what they've got, is easily their number one, unless some how they wind up with a "true" number one free agent, which is not available.

Still I will maintain, no sugar for these guys, we owe 'em.

Quick note:

No reports of their RB situation looking like all that, but then aain, if they are hurting it's top secret and masked real well.

ESPN reported that Duce was doing ok and picking up pennies with his toes. I don't no what that has to do with running the ball.

Thrash being number on just means their other receivers really suck. Is this a newsflash?

------------------

Dave

[edited.gif by NavyDave on June 30, 2001.]

I'd had a soft spot for Thrash for some time before he left. I never saw him get the long bomb touchdowns, but I almost never saw him drop a pass, and he almost always got a first down.

My most frequent comment when I saw him was "Connell would've dropped that, and Westbrook wouldn't even have tried".

To me, a guy who you can throw to in traffic, on third down, and be absolutly certain he'll go up for it, and pretty confident he'll hang on to it, is a very valuable player.

I didn't think of him as "Jerry Rice" reciever. But a reliable third-down guy is still worth a lot.

Archived