Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the year of rebirth. The death of everything we knew, and the life of what we know NOW.

Rocky52Mc

I remember a few years ago reading a post on a Giants message board before we played them. Vinny Cerrato of course was doing his business at this time. The message read:

"I can't name a single guy on their roster that can step up and make a play if someone goes down, they don't have guys that are ready to step up, they have guys ready to get run over"

They beat our asses that day.

Fast forward and run over all the emotion and passion and feelings and time and loss. Try to get through the part where Clinton Portis and Jason Campbell were MVP candidates through 8 games, or where Easter was the Resurrection of Donovan McNabb, or where LaRon Landry could have been a Defensive MVP Candidate if he just survived an NFC East season.

Please take a moment, take a second, take some time and hold up your NFC East Championship as a fan, embrace it, hold onto it for this night or this week until the next step.

This season is a mission, and Robert Griffin III is our Commander in Chief. Born in Japan under the influence of a military lifestyle he was chosen as the Captain of this ship. The mission isn't done, he might not understand what he has done for us, but we can relax for one second and enjoy it. It's been a long time. There's been a lot of pain around the heart for a while, and after tonight I felt a bit of relief.

The Redskins swept Dallas.

The Redskins swept Philly.

The Redskins won 7 in a row to make it.

The Redskins won the NFC East.

The Redskins hold a #4 seed.

The Redskins will HOST a Playoff game.

The Redskins have a Pro Bowl QB.

The Redskins have a Pro Bowl LT.

The Redskins shattered franchise rookie and veteran records, as well as NFL records.

The Redskins have made themselves The Redskins again.

We couldn't beat the Saints in the Metrodome, where the Superbowl will be played.

They couldn't beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

They can't win their remaining 7 because.. you know they just can't.

How can they, when all we know is what they've shown us for the past 14 years? How can they when they lost all that cap, when they lost all those players, when they sport a full team on their IR roster. The Redskins can't beat Baltimore, they haven't done it in 12 years. The Redskins can't kick field goals....they don't have a kicker, they can't win on Monday Night Football....just surrender. Please wear your all white jerseys or something because I think those work. Cleveland is a trap game you can't beat them....Andy Reid wants nothing more but to shut us down like he always has in his last home game...

... The Redskins can't beat Seattle in the Playoffs because they lost the last two times ...

The only problem with that is RG3 doesn't believe in can't. He believes in work, dedication, execution. This is what he always envisioned. The imagination is a preview for what's to come, and that's his belief. We've been living as fans, putting faith into guys who believe they will fail because they believe that they CAN'T. Tony Romo sits to pee...CAN'T. **** those people, they don't belong next to us right now.

We're the feel good story and they will hype up the feel bad story because that's what people latch onto, don't be people like that. Follow Robert's model. Believe in what he believes in. A thought is a frequency. A thought is something measurable, and something REAL. When you stand in that stadium you don't hold your face when Forbath is kicking, don't squeeze on tight when Crawford is returning or Morris is running, YOU GIVE YOUR ****ING BELIEF. Because that's all those men have done for us.

We have GOD DAMN DEPTH NOW. That's something the 2005 and the 2007 Redskins didn't. And if your mind isn't careful, Robert will eclipse your memory of all you knew, just like he has done ALL year.

HAIL TO THE ****ING REDSKINS. The Regular season chapter is complete.

COMMENCE THE TOURNAMENT.

There ya go, my man. Well said!

I wrote this earlier this week:

I want everyone to remember how nervous we all were before the Thanksgiving game. Dallas has been virtually unstoppable on Thanksgiving at home during a short week. They had won two in a row and were plenty confident in themselves, with Rob Ryan talking his usual trash. Finally, we had NEVER beaten them on Thanksgiving in Redskin history.

All we did was humiliate them with the score 28-3 by half time. We all know Tony Romo sits to pee is the king of soft/prevent style defense's, he just audibles to crossing routes on every down and waits for his WRs to cross the Linebackers in zone. That was what that "come back" that "made it a game" was all about. Nothing more.

We were nervous before going against Philly the first time. Rookie QB making their first start, we never beat those guys. Andy Reid has owned Mike Shanahan's Redskins. What happens? 31-6.

We were nervous before going against the Giants the second time around. Monday Night Football? My God, we stink at those games. Not only do we stink at those games, but we suffer devastating losses and had one in 2009 against the Giants as well. The Giants had just blown the very, very good Packers out as well. What happens? 17-16 win in an NFC East slug fest.

We were nervous before going up against the Ravens. Those damn Ratbirds have our number. We can't beat any AFC East teams. Steelers always destroy us, too. We just don't match up well with them. What happens? 31-28 Overtime victory, where every single part of our team contributed.

Enough nervousness yet? Nope. We were still nervous about the Browns game. RG3 is hurt. AFC East smashmouth football again. Browns are hot, winning their last 3 games. What happens? Our starting rookie QB's back up , a rookie QB himself, performs surgically after a slow start and we destroy them 38-21.

Alright, no more nervousness now, right? Nope. We were nervous because the Eagles have been playing better defensively and Nick Foles has improved since we last seen him. Oh, and McCoy was coming back just for our game. RG3 looks to play but we don't know how healthy he really is. Too much is on the line. What happens? We put up 27 points offensively and hold on defensively through a tough 4th quarter to win the game.

At this point I have to think it's wrong to be nervous. We should expect good from this team from here on out. Can we lose? Of course, but that would be a legitimate disappointment we should all be able to handle at this point.

Now let's remember and appreciate this amazing ride we've just went on. Let's finish this thing, let's get into the playoff, and let's keep it going all the way. It can happen with this team. Believe.

Add this game to that "nervousness" we all felt. How much more proof do we need now? We've got to stop being nervous and start expecting to win every and any game. We can worry that the other team puts up enough points to win or that the other team presents specific problems, but we need to get over the "nervousness" that we have simply because we've had so much go wrong the last how many years. That whole "Redskins will find a way to lose" mentality. That's the past now. It really is. It's gone.

There ya go, my man. Well said!

I wrote this earlier this week:

Add this game to that "nervousness" we all felt. How much more proof do we need now? We've got to stop being nervous and start expecting to win every and any game. We can worry that the other team puts up enough points to win or that the other team presents specific problems, but we need to get over the "nervousness" that we have simply because we've had so much go wrong the last how many years. That whole "Redskins will find a way to lose" mentality. That's the past now. It really is. It's gone.

Couldn't agree with you more and great read. I think a solid point is that all these new Redskins, they haven't been losing for so many years, they're brand new, creating their own history here. And that's what's important. It's all brand new, and we must be behind them on that and embrace!

How awesome would it be to win the Super Bowl in the New Orleans Superdome to finish off the season... where his first win and first game were in the Superdome too.

But yeah, it will be a tough road to to do that..... one game at a time.

Would be an awesome and fitting end.

When looking way ahead at potential Super Bowl matchups, I get a little excited simply based off the history with our coaches, or rematches this season, or just revenge.

Baltimore (for the fans)

New England (Shanahan vs Belichick)

Bengals (Rematch)

Broncos (For Shanahan)

Texans (For Kyle)

Colts (RG3 vs Luck)

The Redskins swept Dallas.

The Redskins swept Philly.

The Redskins won 7 in a row to make it.

The Redskins won the NFC East.

The Redskins hold a #4 seed.

The Redskins will HOST a Playoff game.

The Redskins have a Pro Bowl QB.

The Redskins have a Pro Bowl LT.

The Redskins shattered franchise rookie and veteran records, as well as NFL records.

The Redskins have made themselves The Redskins again..

how about the rookie of the week awards? How many did we win? 10-11?

4th most scored points in franchise history!

when was the last time the skins were +17 in takeaway/giveaway????

The Redskins are a team on a mission. If Robert Griffin's knee will heal up, the Redskins can run the table, that's for damn sure!!! Our toughest opponent is this Sunday, if we send the Seahawks home then look the hell out! The 49ers want no parts of this team, the NY Giants embarrassed them and so will the Redskins. As far as the Falcons, they will be very sorry we got a rematch.

Would be an awesome and fitting end.

When looking way ahead at potential Super Bowl matchups, I get a little excited simply based off the history with our coaches, or rematches this season, or just revenge.

Broncos (For Shanahan)

That'd not only be sweet for Coach but think of all the SB XXII parallels.....

Archived