Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a foster parent...of 2 labs--Anyone want to adopt?

ljs

Some of you may have seen my post 2 weeks ago where I had to put down my dog of 14 yrs. I've wanted to get another dog, but knew the right situation would present itself. Today is Elmo's 14th b-day.

Anyway, this morning 2 older labs were turned into the humane society b/c their owner died. I guess no family that was able to take them. The male Otis is 10, a super sweet yellow lab and the female is 9, black lab and blind plus partially deaf.

I couldn't think of anything that would honor Elmo more than to take in this pair of old dogs who were left unexpectedly. They are so sweet and loving, and now sleeping like babies in my living room. Not sure if I can keep them long term, i have a husky and not that big of a house.

I live in Washington state. I know most of you are back east. BUT....if anyone is interested in adopting these awesome dogs, please let me know. I would even help pay for transportation. If not, worst case scenario, I look for a bigger house:silly:

Here is Otis sleeping tonight.

547407_4680697309511_1124171965_n.jpg

I wish you the best in your search, having adopted a yellow at 18 months that a family did not have time for, I understand you depth of commitment. I already a chocolate 14 and then got a chocolate puppy. I have since had to put down my oldest dog which was incredibly difficult. I wish you luck again in keeping them together or finding the right home.

My Tootsie Roll on her last day......

laborday-tootsie9-8-2011339.jpg

the puppy....12-lucy2011016.jpg

Good on you. I fostered 8 dogs last year. There is no better feeling than bringing home a dog from the scary shelter they were dumped in for no fault of their own and watch them try and stay awake as they fall asleep for the first time, except finding them a home and going to save another dog. This is awesome. Thanks for making my night.

I have a lab that is 14 and approaching the inevitable. I dread that day because he has been my shadow. It breaks my heart when I see stories like this (deceased owner) because they are indeed smart creatures and they are so easy to read emotionally. Props to you for showing the kindness and caring you are displaying. I truly hope they are able to find a home to where they can stay together. Keep us updated.

I have a lab that is 14 and approaching the inevitable. I dread that day because he has been my shadow. It breaks my heart when I see stories like this (deceased owner) because they are indeed smart creatures and they are so easy to read emotionally. Props to you for showing the kindness and caring you are displaying. I truly hope they are able to find a home to where they can stay together. Keep us updated.

they are still with me, but we have them on the county animal control facebook, web site, plus I've posted around. At least they will have a good Christmas :) (going shopping for pig ears and bones tomorrow)

Archived