Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aikman injured

Yomar

I swear I could hear the fear in Aikman's voice when he was talking about the Eagles pass rush in the first half. "Its like he got hit by a wall...a green wall" "I think he broke his collarbone" What a huge puss, makes me appreciate Ramsey even more.

How do you figure I'm a troll? Because, I don't have many posts? I just read here normally, sorry I don't have the voluminous posts like some.

To say Aikman was not good is just silly. Hey as a Redskin fan, I'm happy to have Ramsey, but let's just save the imbecilic comparisons until Patrick actually does something.

You can say what you want about Aikman, as every opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.... but he won 3 superbowls.

Originally posted by DC12

You can say what you want about Aikman, as every opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.... but he won 3 superbowls.

He won his SB is a different era. Comparing his SB's now would be akin to comparing Aikman to Bart Starr: two differnt era's.

Sure he had beautiful mechanics and was a sound QB but my point about the O line and salary cap are valid and still stand.

Originally posted by Oldskool

He won his SB is a different era. Comparing his SB's now would be akin to comparing Aikman to Bart Starr: two differnt era's.

Sure he had beautiful mechanics and was a sound QB but my point about the O line and salary cap are valid and still stand.

I agree it's a different time now as far as the business side of the NFL, with the salary cap... I don't know if I would go so far as to call it two different eras as far as talent level. (as your Bart Starr-Aikman reference suggests)

Arguments can be made that Aikman only won because of his supporting cast. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint. I just happen to think he was better than just a "sound quarterback."

He was a good player but he is horrible as an announcer. He does not add anything to the commentary as Collinsworth is by far the best. Hell, on our last drive down by 8 Troy says "The Eagles have allowed the Skin's to move into field goal range." I am sorry Troy but a field goal wasn't an option with 35 seconds to play.

Originally posted by Yomar the Nifty

I swear I could hear the fear in Aikman's voice when he was talking about the Eagles pass rush in the first half. "Its like he got hit by a wall...a green wall" "I think he broke his collarbone" What a huge puss, makes me appreciate Ramsey even more.

Pretty Troy-Boy probally didn't read his pre-game notes that would have told him that Ramsey had injured his left shoulder in the 2 weeks before yesterday's game. otherwise he wouldn't have made a comment like that

READ THE PREGAME NOTES THERE TROY!!!! That's why Fox gives them to you

Archived