Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Jay Cutler argument for sticking with Mike Shanahan

Oldfan

Short form---Oldfan is more right in framing this "Fat Al stuff" than TSO, NLC, and Burg as far as I'm concerned (just my football opinion as a member).

Per how some arguments are being made (structure), he's more right (less of an "opinion" on my end and more fact).

Now, this next being stated as a moderator, wrap up your final comments as I will be closing it in a few minutes.

This thread is past done on the topic or anything else of meaning. It's now mostly a dumbass pissfest full of old crap already posted ad nauseum and currently driven by personality clashes.

Everyone participating should plan on something in the future because I can pretty much guarantee it will happen---the next OF thread there will be no words of direction from me but (likely very familiar) people (OP or otherwise)will simply disappear for a week or longer on rule violations. My final advice fwiw to everyone--next time entirely avoid trying to be sarcastic or snarky in these threads and stay strictly on the arguments. Maybe just save that stuff (if you think you're good at it) for other threads where people seem to be able to do it without it becoming such a feature item and an issue.

And have a good evening. :)

Am I missing something?

There is a difference between $21 million being paid over several years, and $21 million being paid upfront all at once, right?

I really don't understand what you're having trouble with. You're linking to a site that shows he was due a 21 mil bonus that year and saying that proves he wasn't due 21 mil that year?

The only change was in the way that bonus was counted under the salary cap.

Edit: Here's a link to Jason Reid at the time

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/albert-haynesworths-21-million.html

Archived