Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is the offense trying to be so gimmicky? And why is the 2 minute drill so non-urgent?

redskins4ever28

I think the reason our offense appears so gimmicky is because we don't have to talent on the O-line or skill positions, to line up in traditional sets and gash defenses. this seemed particularly evident in the Carolina game, where since we were a down a couple of scores, had to transition to a normal drop back passing game. and the result? not very inspiring. the o-line couldn't block, recievers couldn't consistently get open, and Rg3 looked jittery and indecisive.

to be honest, I'm impressed with what Kyle has been able to produce with this offense.

You guys have talked yourselves into believing that. Lately, our offense have looked almost as bad as in the past. Early, we were explosive, now we're not. And there's more to it than Garcon and Davis being out. The league has simply adjusted to what the Skins are doing. I don't have no idea why the Shanahans don't think RG3 can be a more traditional QB. Given the chance, I believe RG3 can do it all.

Man, its so funny when people say this. You can say what you want, Im entitled to my opinion. I figured Id get flamed for that comment, but in all honesty? I feel its true. There are some people in this league that are tough guys, and some that are weak. Plain and simple. How many times did Portis not practice because of :an injury"? Please. He was on the injury report every week. So many players in this league have what analysts call "the injury bug." Its BS. Theres no injury bug, theres guys that are tough, and guys that arent. Of course some injuries are real, but for the guys who hold out on a small injury for 6 weeks, its because they are wimps. Darren Mcfadden, Javon Kearse, Portis, Landry, guys like that are honestly just trying to NOT play or just milking the injury for all its worth. Im sorry man but London Fletcher is playing game after game regardless of how bad hes hurt, your telling em Garcon cant play? Give me a break. The only exception Ill give to the "injury bugged player" is Stafford and Chad Pennington because they really had an injury bug, when you have 3 season ending injuries, obviously its serious. But all other "injury prone players" are usually just stupid little sprained ankles or turf toes and they milk it for weeks. Its a joke. Yea, Im at a keyboard, yea I dont play football, but theres Brett Favre/London Fletcher type guys, and then theres guys like Portis, Landry etc; Too many players break a nail now days and call it a 4-6 week injury process. Say what you will, your entitled to your opinion, and obviously he could really be hurt, but in my opinion hes getting paid to sit there and enjoy life while his team, who was really depending on him, is getting murdered. Do I feel he was hurt? A little. Do I feel hes over-reacting and milking this injury to death? Absolutely.
Whether a player can play through an injury depends on what the injury is affecting AND their willingness to play through it. Some injuries are more debilitating than others that even the most willing cannot go, such as Ray Lewis' turf toe injury last season. Foot injuries especially, since they are critical for balance, getting speed, and making those quick cuts. Besides, Garcon did play in weeks 4 and 5.

Foot injuries like Garcon's are not things always heal in a couple weeks, and re-aggravating them can well extend the healing period.

Turf toe, despite its name, is not a small injury. It takes 2-3 weeks of rest if treated properly, although treating it properly and not re-aggravating the injury is not always going to happen with the pressing demands of the NFL season.

Laron Landry wasn't ultimately shelved onto the injured list because he didn't want to play. It was because he sustained an injury the Achilles in 2010 and then in 2011 aggravated the injury he already had on that Achilles. He tried to play through the injury. Portis missed his practices, but he showed up for gameday at least.

You guys have talked yourselves into believing that. Lately, our offense have looked almost as bad as in the past. Early, we were explosive, now we're not. And there's more to it than Garcon and Davis being out. The league has simply adjusted to what the Skins are doing. I don't have no idea why the Shanahans don't think RG3 can be a more traditional QB. Given the chance, I believe RG3 can do it all.

Maybe the league has found a way to slow down the offense, but they are not shutting it down. This team has left 7 - 10 points off the scoreboard the last two weeks by making mistakes. With the 17ppg teams in the past we saw them get shut down completely in the red zone.

The Shanahans absolutely believe RG3 can be a traditional QB or they would not have gave up the picks.

Maybe the league has found a way to slow down the offense, but they are not shutting it down. This team has left 7 - 10 points off the scoreboard the last two weeks by making mistakes. With the 17ppg teams in the past we saw them get shut down completely in the red zone.

The Shanahans absolutely believe RG3 can be a traditional QB or they would not have gave up the picks.

Well then, it's time to let the man play QB. Let's give Philly a taste of the next 15 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Regardlerss of if the offense has been good or bad, I think we can all agree its been a bit gimmicky. Yes, I understand they are trying to make it comfortable for RG3 and the easiest way to do that is by giving him an offense that he was used to, but come on.

What do think now?? People really need the definition of sample size...

Archived