Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT, Florio: League reminds clubs of rules for mobile quarterbacks

s0crates

Frankly, I thought the hit that barron gave to griffin was perfectly legal. i don't know what else you're supposed to do when the ballcarrier runs straight into you like that. In the world i grew up in, when a man comes head on at you like that, facemask in chest, grab behind the thighs and lift was the pefect way to tackle.

When they threw the flag, i was glad and disgusted at the same time.

~Bang

The Barron Hit was a bad hit and should have drawn a flag - in rugby this kind of hit is called a fork lift tackle and can see a player sent off and/or suspended for a number of games - because it is very dangerous and ****ing reckless . As soon as you lift a player off his feet as Baron did and scooped around the legs - you take away that player ability to defend himself by being able to control how he hits the floor - you are also deliberatly trying to injure as when you dump him the lower back impacts the floor first the risk of injury is massive even with defensive padding ... the piling though is not that significant but unnecessary all the same - again - it shows your intent is not to tackle but to cause injury - Barron is showing himself to be a punk thug who is more interested in auditioning for a career as a WWE post football .

All kinds of things used to be 'legal' - hell stickum used to be legal - did not make it right .

There is one thing from this announcement . In the Witherspoon hit that induced RGIIIs concusion - RGIII was obviously beginning his slide and hence had given himself up but drew nothing but scorn - but reading this - sounds like it should have been a flag ...

So um...when Qbs run past the line scrimmage and don't slide/run out of bounds, they shouldn't be hit?

Nothing has changed in the rule book

Umm I never said that. My point is why the hell are they emphasizing this rule all of a sudden. They are specifically highlighting that the hit below the knee or slide rule doesn't apply. It's not the rule that I'm griping about. Makes no sense to me.

---------- Post added October-20th-2012 at 05:27 PM ----------

No they are saying you CAN'T hit a QB out of the pocket like a RB until he has passed the line of scrimmage and then is clearly a runner. I think your post underlines the point of the reminder.

Go read the article again buddy. They were showing the hit mark barron had on rg3 and said its legal aka you can hit the qb like this. Again my point is...wtf? I've never seen an announcement like this, especially for qbs before..so much for promoting player safety

Archived