Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert and Cam are better than Tom and Peyton, but...

Oldfan

I agree with some of what the OP said.

This is why Griffin is so special, and why I like him more than any QB in this league. He has the athleticism and arm to destroy you both ways. There is not another QB in this league that can rip off an 80 TD run AND throw that type of ball to Santana in that past Eagles game.

I feel like it should be ideal for a QB to have decent mobility, especially with today's freakish athletes that we see on the defensive lines today. With maybe the exception of Rodgers, I don't see how any other QB in the league would have had as much success with the Redskins this year.

You can logically deduce that with more practice/time in a system a player is likely to get better. How much better? No one knows, and I'm sure it varies between players.

True. That's what's so frustrating about Rex. He kept repeating the same mistakes game after game and season after season. RGIII seems to get things more quickly. You can make the argument that his mind is even a better asset than his arm and legs. That ability to adapt and correct is one of the visible intangibles missing in old fan system imho

True. That's what's so frustrating about Rex. He kept repeating the same mistakes game after game and season after season.

I've always felt that was due to a combination of a.) his physical limitations, b.) the average supporting casts he's had as a QB in the NFL, and c.) his desire to win, it can be a wicked combination. Not necessarily he's inability to learn.

RGIII seems to get things more quickly. You can make the argument that his mind is even a better asset than his arm and legs. That ability to adapt and correct is one of the visible intangibles missing in old fan system imho

I think we all agree it's a great assett, but from our vantage point it's not something we can accurately judge. Since as fans we don't have knowledge of the plays being called etc.

Hopefully we get the one christmas gift we've all been waiting years and years for, and get the division title.
I'm so happy to have Griffin everything else is gravvy. I still can't believe he's our QB it doesn't feel real at times. Its like wandering through the desert in search of water then being saved by Scarlet Johnanson who pours a pitcher of rainwater down her body and tells you to drink up.
PS - Been thinking about putting together an OP about the stretch v the read-option, something you'd be interested in discussing?
Don't tease me.

Archived