OLB: Orakpo, Kerrigan, White, Jackson

ILB: Fletcher, Riley, Goff, Robinson

CB: Hall, Wilson, Griffin, Minnifield, Thompson, Crawford

FS: Madieu, Jackson

SS: Meriweather, Gomes

Total Defense - 24

Specialty: Gano, Rocca, Sundberg

Practice Squad from our rookies: Bernstine, Compton, Garner, Lewis

Notable Cuts: Lorenzo Alexander, Doughty, Armstrong, Banks, Terrence Austin, Tyler Polumbus, Chris Wilson, Darien Scott, Chris Cooley, Kevin Barnes, Eric Cook

If Cooley can play special teams, then he gets in over Paulsen.

I guess I still remember that 57 yarder he had a couple years back

And you forget the 59 yarder Gano had last year?

I feel like Minnifield, Bernstine and Crawford all making it is a bit unlikely. Other than that I like that prediction a lot though.

Yeah, I felt I was reaching a bit by saying that, but I have a feeling we'll have a lot of CBs on the roster this year. I don't think Cooley or Doughty make the roster (to the dismay of many), and we'll need to fill those two spots. I just think that we'll need a lot of CBs. Now that I think about it, Brandyn Thompson probably makes it over one of them.

Offense (25)

QB: Griffin III, Grossman, Cousins

HB: Helu, Royster, Hightower, Morris

FB: Young

TE: Davis, Paul, Cooley

WR: Hankerson, Morgan, Garcon, Moss, Robinson

T: Williams, Brown, Compton, Smith

G: Chester, Gettis, Lichtensteiger

C: Montgomery, LeRibius

Defense (25)

DE: Jenkins, Bowen, Carriker, Golston

NT: Cofield, Nield

OLB: Kerrigan, Orakpo, White, Jackson

ILB: Fletcher, Riley, Alexander, Robinson, Goff

CB: Hall, Wilson, Minnifield, Griffin, (one of either Bernstine or Crawford)

S: Meriweather, Jackson, Gomes, Williams, Barnes

ST (3)

K: Gano

P: Rocca

LS: Sundberg

Offense (25)

Defense (25)

ST (3)

It's hard to see us going into the season with 4 RBs and only 5 WRs. Not saying it won't happen, but most teams carry at least 6 in case some go down. After all, we did carry 9 last year...

It's hard to see us going into the season with 4 RBs and only 5 WRs. Not saying it won't happen, but most teams carry at least 6 in case some go down. After all, we did carry 9 last year...

I think most teams carry between 5 and 6. The key here is special teams. Paul played a big role on special teams last season, but he's now a TE. Can Robinson return kicks/punts? If we keep 6 guys, whose the 6th? Austin? Armstrong? Neither of them will have much value on special teams. If Lance Lewis shows he can be a gunner on special teams, then he might make it. I think, honestly, that if we dump some of our WR's, we'll find them still looking for a job if we need them later in the season.

I feel like that roster spot is better spent elsewhere. Such as o-line depth. The better o-line depth we have, the better our special teams blocking should be, and we were atrocious in that regard last season. Evidenced by our numerous blocked FGs.

As for Morris making it as the 4th RB over another WR. Morris can also backup Young, so he adds depth there. And he's the only RB we have that runs like a tough S.O.B., he's basically the change of pace back.

And with a rookie QB, I really want to be running the ball a ton, which will definitely help RG3's play actions and bootlegs.

All our RB's have injury issues so I see us keeping all 4. 2 of the TE's are essentially receivers. Morris can also back up at FB. I think we kept 6 or 7 or 8 receivers last year because he wasn't confident in any of them and wanted to use them situationally. That's why I see 4 and 5.

All our RB's have injury issues so I see us keeping all 4. 2 of the TE's are essentially receivers. Morris can also back up at FB. I think we kept 6 or 7 or 8 receivers last year because he wasn't confident in any of them and wanted to use them situationally. That's why I see 4 and 5.

It's likely to boil down to ST. Morris will really have to excel there to beat out guys like Alexander, Doughty and Austin. Also, Young showed he can be the emergency back.

To be fair to Morris, if he's able to back up FB and RB (and maybe feature in certain packages), well as they aay, the more a guy can do... I'd say Morris deserves a long look. If they're not sold on his teams play, I could see him put on the PS since so many of our borderline guys can't be.

Offense (25)

Defense (25)

ST (3)

I agree with everything except for Cooley. I think he will be cut and Paulsen will make the team as the third TE because he is the best blocking TE that we have and Cooley's services are not extremely needed considering the cap space he takes up. 5 receivers will be ok going into the season because Niles Paul can always be a backup receiver and even fred davis can be seen on some 5 WR sets. If Morris can excel on special teams then he'll definitely make the squad.

Archived