Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone I'd Like to see Activated

StevieInferior

I wouldn't mind seeing him get on the field some, too. I'd like to see his speed coming off of the edge.

Having said that, I wouldn't say he produced that much last year. I think he's pretty much a one-trick pony, and until he builds on his bag of tricks, he'll probably be pretty easily contained.

FWIW, Kalu didn't produce that much while he was here. And Zellner rushes at the DT position, whereas Jackson is strictly a DE.

Originally posted by TheSchwartz

If the Redskins coaching staff thought that Ladarius was an improvement over Zellner, I'm pretty sure he would have been suited up instead of Zellner.

I think I'll trust the Redskins coaches at this point instead of a fan who doesn't work with these guys day in and day out.

LJ is hurt, right? Isn't that why he's not playing in front of Zellner?

Something needs to be done to get some pressure. He could make a difference.

of the 4 guys who rush on 3rd downs and obvious passing situations who would you take out to fit Ladarius in:

Upshaw or Bruce. Both have been plenty more productive than Ladarius over their respective careers.

Wynn and Zellner play DT in passing situations.

The Redskins know they need to get more pressure on the QB and if they really thought that Jackson would provide an instant pass rush he would have already been in there. But the fact is Ladairis is not what you guys are making him out to be. You are just trying to make a change to make a change even if making the change will hurt the situation. If Jackson did get in the game and then got manhandled and put 0 pressure on the QB you would yell at Edwards/Spurrier for even putting him in the game.

I'll stick to Upshaw, Bruce, and Arrington coming off the edge. Because they are the best bets to get to the QB.

Why doesn't anyone ever say anything about the ineffectiveness of Reynaldo Wynn. All I ever hear is that he's "good" against the run. Yeah, he was hurt a little bit last year but so what. He never generates much of a pass rush and he's has a huge contract. I say if he doesn't start doing something by the end of the year than it's time to seriously consider either releasing him or telling him he needs to take a huge pay cut.

Originally posted by skinsfanjoe

Why doesn't anyone ever say anything about the ineffectiveness of Reynaldo Wynn. All I ever hear is that he's "good" against the run. Yeah, he was hurt a little bit last year but so what. He never generates much of a pass rush and he's has a huge contract. I say if he doesn't start doing something by the end of the year than it's time to seriously consider either releasing him or telling him he needs to take a huge pay cut.

It's hard to judge Wynn because if he does his job in the running game he doesn't rack up large numbers. He sucks up blocks and allows Arrington and Trotter to do their jobs. And then on passing downs he is rushing from the DT spot which is a little harder because he is undersized and there is less room for speed or quickness to be an advantage. But last year he had 2.5 sacks and 15 QB pressures. You are getting pretty harsh on a guy who seems to be doing his job.

Originally posted by StevieSuperior

LADARIUS JACKSON

He is what we need to improve our pass rush. He may not be a Julius Peppers but I think we can fill a role of need on this team ala ND Kalu. He produced well last year on passing downs and IMO would be an improvement over Peppi Zellner.

Aw Hell Yeah!!!! I didn't even know he has been inactive. Get his ass in the starting lineup, now!!

Originally posted by Griff

Not to change gears here, but I would love to see Sultan... I think Betts is doing a good job, but I just have a feeling about Sultan

Wouldn't we have to deactivate someone to get him active for a game?

We must be cautious.

Archived