Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Live From Daryl's House/Hall and Oates Appreciation.

Jethrodsp

I have always been a Hall and Oates fan. I think they should, without a doubt be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

That being said, I recently stumbled upon a free monthly web show called "Live from Daryl's House" where Daryl Hall invites other musicians to sit in and record.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html

If you appreciate Hall and Oates songs, or any of the artists who have sat with him for an episode, some of the music they have put down is amazing. Like I said, I was a fan before but these recordings have given me an entirely new appreciation for his talent and songwriting as well as introducing me to a couple of other artists. In fact, Hall has since performed with a couple of the acts who have sat in for "Live at Daryl's House" at festivals such as Bonaroo.

Here are some of my favorites pulled from youtube.

WOE1-2Fza5Q

cwg0XzV3yJM

kyt61Yj-UUA

qfJeyD_BspA

n6HPSmNLW-Y

I could probably imbed about 50 more videos from this series. They also cover the guest artists' songs as well as other music standards. They really are some amazing sessions. Highly recommended.

What's sad about the duo is that the H&O rarities that Mr. Hall plays on his webcast; never make it to a current H&O show. They play the same boring hits show. You can only hear "Maneater" so many times.

Mr. Hall is actually doing a handful of LFDH road shows in April. There's also a half hour Tv version; which is just the internet version edited.

I saw an Oates solo show in October and saw a side of him never seen before and his show was far more entertaining that what H&O do now.

---------- Post added February-19th-2012 at 02:46 AM ----------

I like the episode at Todd Rundgren's house where he had a hula dancer. Beannie G and The Rose Tattoo. Nothing wrong with the hits but some of their best stuff are album tracks, especially the 70's stuff.

H & O was one of the best concerts I've been to....have always loved them. A few years ago I got to see them again here in Richmond at our local Friday Night Cheers concert series. They hadn't lost a step.

This is one of my favorites...."Abandoned Luncheonette". :thumbsup:

Archived