Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pure Speculation - report says Manning interested in Texans

HooHog

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/report-peyton-may-be-interested-in-playing-for-the-texans/

Let us assume that if Manning is healthy and available the Texans would view him as an upgrade over Matt Schaub. Wouldn't we, knowing Kyle's past experience with Schaub, be a likely landing spot for him, and would anyone think this would be a good alternative to trading a boatload of picks and roleplayers for a shot at at #2? Not saying this is going to happen, just looking for a little conversation. I, for one (as both a skins and hoos fan), would LOVE to see Schaub here.

There's already been a thread on this, and it's been moved to the "Plan C" thread. But I'll rehash what I said.

Manning isn't going to the Texans. Schaub knows the offense, runs it very well. All the players are familiar with Schaub, and like him. The Texans very well may have gone to the Super Bowl with Schaub at the helm. They came close with their third stringer.

The Texans would rather have Schaub for the next 7 or 8 years than Manning for the next 3 or 4

It's really just a pipe dream.

There's already been a thread on this, and it's been moved to the "Plan C" thread.

Ah, apologies. I scanned through and didn't see anything about it and hadn't read that one. If the Texans are smart, yes, they would keep Schaub - hence why I'd prefer him over Manning in a heartbeat.

Archived