Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: ICE not melting as previously stated: New Technology shows:

Thiebear

So If i point out the methodology was wrong and came up with the wrong results.

and later i prove it by this new technology that can look at all the areas and not just the easy to get to places.

I'm a republican hater of global warming vs. correct on my previous statements.

New technology is awesome: I'm sticking to that statement. have a nice chilly day.

New technology is awesome, but what the Republicans are doing is not what you say here.

They see that a scientist has a new technology that provides lower results and then they use those findings to say there is no problem, when that ISN'T what the new results showed. Seriously, I've just had a two day long discussion with a friend on facebook about this very article and his lead in line on the article is "we've been duped". Great, there is 30% less ice melt than expected....but there is still the other 70% to be very worried about, and the oceans ARE rising due to the icemelt.

BTW, in the "Things I've learned on ES" thread, one of mine was "How easy it is to put words in someone's mouth with the use of the word "so"."

ASF: You used the word Republican in every post you type more than a few words? Do you feel the need that strongly? Or can we review scientific finding on the basis of the scientific findings? Please try to look past the politics and somehow be happy we found better measurements.

I know you know someone that might not understand, but we can't fix every friend.

If i found out i was 30% less likely to get lung cancer i wouldn't claim the end to cancer, i would claim to be happier for that breakthrough.

If i found out i was 30% less fat, I'm still not 155 and thin but i'm not 198pds anymore either.

If i found out during a global warming period we are 30% less melt than we thought, I consider that great news.

Sorry it took so long to reply: i only read to the comma yesterday.

I point out we have new technology that can better pinpoint the issues and take the politics out of the discussion and we get "Some" that focus only on the politics of the discussion.

seems rather ironic.

If that was what you are doing in this thread, then I wouldn't have said a thing.

But it isn't. :)

ASF: You used the word Republican in every post you type more than a few words? Do you feel the need that strongly? Or can we review scientific finding on the basis of the scientific findings? Please try to look past the politics and somehow be happy we found better measurements.

I know you know someone that might not understand, but we can't fix every friend.

You're right I can't, but I can confront the one's who say stuff like this...

And the reason that I've used the word Republican repeatedly in my posts is to continually illustrate that this scientific debate has been co-opted by the professional agenda driven deniers in the Republican party and Faux News. Will I stop reminding folks of that? Not a chance.

So were all happy the mountains are not melting.

And were happy the ocean hasn't risen the 9cm we though it would.

Your snark is more telling than you think, what's more is that we've been down this road before here, and we know full well how it is spun and being spun even though you claim you aren't.

If i found out i was 30% less likely to get lung cancer i wouldn't claim the end to cancer, i would claim to be happier for that breakthrough.

If i found out i was 30% less fat, I'm still not 155 and thin but i'm not 198pds anymore either.

If i found out during a global warming period we are 30% less melt than we thought, I consider that great news.

Just as long as you don't use that -30% to deny the other 70%.

What we see is the guy who is 30% less likely to get lung cancer then celebrates because science can't be trusted, so he goes on smoking his cigarettes.

The guy who is 30% less fat celebrates because the previous measurements were wrong and therefore he can't really be 600 pounds.

The guy finds out that one region of glaciers didn't melt and so feels free to ignore the rest of the melting around the world and the rising of the seas.

Archived