Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Mock Draft

Daaskins

Cutler never started from day 1 though. He waited until almost the end of the season before he named Cutler the starting QB, presumably when he was deemed ready, while Plummer started up until that point. I think we'll see the same with Griffin waiting in the wings while Grossman is the starter until Shanny feels Griffin is ready

I also think Grossman will start if we draft any QB not named Luck...can you imagine Skins fans though? Everyone will be going nuts wanting to see the rookie when we sputter with Grossman. That's definitely a problem I want to have.

Basically, though I might tweak a few later round picks. I think Riley is our answer at ILB, to maybe another WR in place of Tank Carder or even an OL.

Just curious because I have a gripe against Matt Reynolds being the 3rd rounder when I feel he's a better power scheme OL. As for Jones I highly highly doubt he ends up in the 4th round he's moving up boards fast and could find his home in the 2nd

I don't know man we got to look at our division. We stopped Dallas run game, we will see the Giant, and Eagles beat us on the pass not the run. Dallas has three great WRs now, Philly has 2, and Giants have Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham. Do we matchup with them? You get a corner on their best and tell him he by himself with confidence would help us alot.

We REALLY need a more physical CB to match up with Dez, Knicks, Maclin etc. ILB is also a need but what team in the NFL doesn't have any needs? I see us either going ILB or CB in the 2nd. WR is very deep in this draft, there should be quality guys thru the 4th rd.

RG3 might not be starting day 1 either... Jenkins was not the starter this year, neither was Hankerson... gotta give them time.

Jenkins wasn't a starter because he went on IR. Prior to the injury, he looked to have the inside track to the starting job over Carriker.

He was IR. I know he would have started coaches said he was the best dlineman.

Jenkins had a great camp and won the starting job. It doesn't mean he was drafted with the expectation that he would start from day one. When we're talking about hypothetical draft choices there is no way to say any one of them won't be a day one starter either whether they are a first round pick or an UDFA.

Jenkins had a great camp and won the starting job. It doesn't mean he was drafted with the expectation that he would start from day one. When we're talking about hypothetical draft choices there is no way to say any one of them won't be a day one starter either whether they are a first round pick or an UDFA.

When you have a top five pick in the second round he is a first round talent and you expect him to be about the same as he is going up against ON OUR TEAM. If we was the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, or Ravens ok maybe they are going to sit. But not this team.

What makes you think he won't re-sign or that we don't have any interest in re-signing him? From all reports, he likes it here and likes the defense as he's arguably having his best year as a pro. He'll be back.

Hopefully so, and I think so as well. I was just explaining why the Redskins could potentially draft a player at his position..

I think Carriker will be back. He's happy playing here in the DE role and likes the coaches. Skins like him as well. I don't see any big issues in re-signing him. Skins have also been trying out various cast-offs from other teams as potential DEs. If Kentwan Balmer can turn it around then the Skins would have picked up another first round talent that busted with his original team. Skins think Balmer has the ideal tools to be a DE in their system. And, if Neild can continue to earn playing time at NT we could even see Cofield playing some DE (my conjecture). With Jenkins hopefully returning the Skins could have a lot of players competing for DE spots even assuming no draft picks for the Dline.

It's a sad commentary on the state of the Skins that the 2012 draft database thread is 450+ pages and we are 3/4 of the way through the season.

I'm hoping Skins devote most of the draft to acquiring talent for the Offense. Of course, if a really highly rated-high character defensive player falls into their lap the Skins should pick them. But overall the Defense can hold up as-is for another season. Without and upgrade to the offense we will definitely be looking at another 4-6 win season. I say that even if we assume that all existing offensive players return healthy.

Archived