Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Mock Draft

Daaskins

I dont know if this kind of thread already exist (if so please delete)

But I would like to see what everyone's thoughts are on the draft as far as exact players in exact rounds.

I know there is still four games left but we can still speculate of where we are finishing and it will just be fun to get some names out there

Here is Mine.

Round 1: Robert Griffin III- Will be an instant play maker that we really need

TRADE UP TO GET TWO 2ND'S- Packaging our extra 4th and moving back in 2nd.

Round 2: Peter Konz- Suring up the O-line means grabbing your center. This guy will be great.

Round 2: Kendall Wright- Instant Chemistry with Griffin comin from Baylor too. This guy is a speedster and can stretch field vertically.

Round 3: Jared Crick- In our 3-4 scheme this guy could be great at our DE. Will also add depth.And you already know Shanny Loves his guys from Nebraska.

Round 4: Ricky Wagner- Adds more depth to O- line and could compete for our RT spot from day 1.

Round 5-7 Just take chances on guys you think our 'high motor' and 'high character' that could possibly help our common goal of becoming great,

Hope i can see some others!!!

No one is really posting them yet since the draft is five months from now. It'll pick up around February, many threads will be merged, NNT's will be handed out, etc.

Also, if you look down on the main page, you'll see that there's an ExtremeSkins Mock Draft forum. I would have stuck this thread there, which may be where it ends up.

Anyway, as to your mock, aside from our odd Nebraska trifecta this past draft, it's pretty rare that our picks only come from three colleges, you may want to broaden your scope a little. I would absolutely take Konz in the second round if he's there and doesn't go back to school, that kid is going to be an animal at center.

Here's Wes Bunting's first mock. Has us taking RGIII at #5.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-NFP-Mock-Ten.html

5. Washington Redskins: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III

I gave the edge to RG3 here over USC’s Matt Barkley because of his ability to get outside the pocket, create with his legs and make throws on the move. He’s got as much upside as any prospect in the draft and could be the answer long term for Washington.

Right now my mock is looking a little like this

1. RG3

Trade down 2nd to late 2nd plus 3rd

2. Audie Cole

3. Nate Potter

3. Kevin Zeitler

4. T.Y. Hilton

4. LaMichael James

Thats all I got so far but as you can tell very offensive heavy which I see us going with this year

I wouldn't use a second on a player that's not going to start.

Right now my mock is looking a little like this

1. RG3

Trade down 2nd to late 2nd plus 3rd

2. Audie Cole

3. Nate Potter

3. Kevin Zeitler

4. T.Y. Hilton

4. LaMichael James

Thats all I got so far but as you can tell very offensive heavy which I see us going with this year

Me like. Would take Demps instead of James, but otherwise, would be thrilled with this.

RG3 might not be starting day 1 either... Jenkins was not the starter this year, neither was Hankerson... gotta give them time.

I see what ya'll are saying but If thats the case might as well get the CB in the second then. I don't much of a difference from Cole and Bradham from FSU and he's more of a 4th round pick.

I see what ya'll are saying but If thats the case might as well get the CB in the second then. I don't much of a difference from Cole and Bradham from FSU and he's more of a 4th round pick.

honestly, I see us going BPA after the first round even... too many holes and a lot of talent that should slide past the first few rounds... and Im not pulling this out of my arse, I saw it twitter posted by some redskins media guys

I see ILB as a greater need now than CB to be honest. Our CB's aren't playing bad at all and I see Cole>Minnifield

I don't know man we got to look at our division. We stopped Dallas run game, we will see the Giant, and Eagles beat us on the pass not the run. Dallas has three great WRs now, Philly has 2, and Giants have Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham. Do we matchup with them? You get a corner on their best and tell him he by himself with confidence would help us alot.

The strength of the draft is QB and ILB. It would be wise to address both in the first two rounds if feasible.

The obvious concern is how long with Fletch play at the level he currently is playing at? He could have 3 years left for all we know. I'd rather get a replacement for Brown in the second. Wouldn't be upset with a CB either.

RG3 might not be starting day 1 either... Jenkins was not the starter this year, neither was Hankerson... gotta give them time.

Meh, I don't know about that. I think that whichever QB we draft in round 1 will be starting. Shanny did that with Cutler and he was pretty raw coming out. From what *I* have seen, Shanny wants his QB to learn from the field and not the bench. Shanny also likes to hide his draft choices. He never had Cutler in for a visit at Denver and he did talk up Gabbert and then traded down. There is going to be a ton of smoke before the draft so when I see Shanny talking up someone, I will feel pretty comfortable that he won't be drafting that person.

Meh, I don't know about that. I think that whichever QB we draft in round 1 will be starting. Shanny did that with Cutler and he was pretty raw coming out. From what *I* have seen, Shanny wants his QB to learn from the field and not the bench. Shanny also likes to hide his draft choices. He never had Cutler in for a visit at Denver and he did talk up Gabbert and then traded down. There is going to be a ton of smoke before the draft so when I see Shanny talking up someone, I will feel pretty comfortable that he won't be drafting that person.

Cutler never started from day 1 though. He waited until almost the end of the season before he named Cutler the starting QB, presumably when he was deemed ready, while Plummer started up until that point. I think we'll see the same with Griffin waiting in the wings while Grossman is the starter until Shanny feels Griffin is ready

Archived