Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES OC/DC vs Seahawks Discussion

SkinsHokieFan

I'm starting to worry we haven't been trying to lose... and I thought we only need a QB and some OL. Time yet (2 mins) so no need to panic, but as it's looking we're more incompetent than following a plan when it comes to our coordinators.

I can't be the only one who's getting really tired of Haslett's blatantly telegraphed jailhouse blitzes. You want to send 8? Fine. I generally favor aggressive playcalling. But when the announcers are having a LOLapalooza about how great it is that we showed that we were bringing the house before the play and still managed to sack Tarvaris ****ing Jackson, there's a problem. A competent quarterback will shred that sort of thing, as we've already seen at other times this year.

I thought the Haslett-bashing of last year was mostly unwarranted, given the fact that he was trying to run a 3-4 defense with too many 4-3 players. People wanted to blame him for a lot of things that were beyond his control. I'm actually a lot more upset with him this year. He doesn't disguise nearly as much as he should.

I'd like to talk a little about the Play-Action heavy pass offense and its similarities to Kyle's time with the Texans. We are really beginning to see this offense finding it's niche. With that said, the QB pay has been shaky which leads to suspect interceptions, however I do not believe that it is necessarily Kyle's playcalling that lead to either of those interceptions. The run game is looking much more like a Mike Shanahan run offense similar to his days in Denver with Helu getting a lot of touches under some all of a sudden Gelling run blocking in the oline. With an improvement at QB, (through replacement or better play) continual improvement in run blocking, and a freak wideout like Hank who can beat press coverage, the Offense could be very similar to the top offense the texans boasted during Kyle's toward the end of his stay in Houston. I like what this offense is showing while it still looks very raw and undisciplined.

Archived