Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Trade Help

EnFoRcEr_uPu

Hey Guys,

So, my starting QB, Matt Schaub is done for the season and my backup is Josh Freeman. I'm looking to propose a trade to someone in my league for the below, as his backup is Philip Rivers.

He would get:

Josh Freeman - QB

Aaron Hernandez - TE

I would get:

Philip Rivers - QB

Antonio Gates - TE

I already have Jason Witten as my #1 TE and I'm not very worried about his ability to stay healthy. Rivers and Gates won't stay down forever and since I can afford to part ways with Hernandez, I figured I would make a go at this while Rivers and Gates stocks are low.

What do you think?

Hey Guys,

So, my starting QB, Matt Schaub is done for the season and my backup is Josh Freeman. I'm looking to propose a trade to someone in my league for the below, as his backup is Philip Rivers.

He would get:

Josh Freeman - QB

Aaron Hernandez - TE

I would get:

Philip Rivers - QB

Antonio Gates - TE

I already have Jason Witten as my #1 TE and I'm not very worried about his ability to stay healthy. Rivers and Gates won't stay down forever and since I can afford to part ways with Hernandez, I figured I would make a go at this while Rivers and Gates stocks are low.

What do you think?

I think you should have posted this question here: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?352462-General-Fantasy-Football-2011-Discussion and now should send a PM to the mods asking them to merge it.

After four solid weeks, I don't think it's true anymore that Gates' stock is low. Or if it is, it's certainly not low enough to make this trade fair.

I think he will reject this trade and would be wise to do so. If you want Rivers, you need to improve his lineup. Gates to Hernandez is such a minimal upgrade (if it's an upgrade at all, which is highly questionable) that it's not worth his while to lose a very solid backup qb.

Freeman is slated to face the 23rd, 14th, 21st, 11th, 8th, 21st, and 22nd ranked defense for QB points in ESPN standard leagues.

Rivers is slated to face 13th, 32nd, 11th, 25th, 1st, 4th, and 19th.

Hernandez is slated to face 16th, 8th, 5th, 11th, 4th, 25th, 19th ranked defenses for TE points in ESPN standard leagues.

Gates is slated to face 32nd, 4th, 31st, 19th, 1st, 6th, 19th.

If you are basing your trade decisions mostly on QB, I would say that Rivers does face a tougher schedule.

Archived