Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Credit card rewards

renaissance

Edit: I guess to a more specific degree, I'm asking if credit card companies show more flexibility knowing a company would reimburse me, or if that is irrelevant.

Typically they will look at your record, and only your record. You could tell them you had inherited a goldmine and they wouldn't care.

I would suggest you accept the company card and use it as a back up. With a few months of responsible use the personal credit card is very likely to bump up your limit. Our experience when we moved here from Europe with no credit history was a little different. We could not get a credit card. Within less than six months we were getting offers for cards with $20k limits.

Many good rewards cards have no annual fee. Unless the rate you earn at is significantly higher than the no-fee cards to make it worthwhile, why pay the $39?

Take the corp travel card if for no other reason putting your rental car on it. Putting the rental car on your personal credit card puts all the risk on you and your insurance. For all other expenses I recommend using your own rewards earning credit card assuming your company permits that. OBTW you can do way better then the CAP 1 card for rewards in my opinion. I recommend doing some more homework on that. Fat Wallet and Flyertalk are some pretty excellent message boards devoted in large part to this subject.

Archived