Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Long Grind of a 16 Game NFL Season

ClemsSC7Skinfan

One thing about this team that I thin people are not thinking about is that the season is not 4 games long, it's not 8 games long, it's 16 games. What I've looked for in our games is a progression from last season. At the end of last season we had finally started to click on offense but the season was nearly complete and we really only got rolling within the last 3 games. That being said there was practically no off season to build upon that especially when we pretty much upgraded everything offensively that we could.

I think chemistry is going to build throughout the season and with the physical make up of our team we will be stronger as the season progresses. Mentally we're still building that identity of a winner but its happening. I think the way we play ball is going to wear on teams late in the season when everyone's body is worn down more than in September/October. We don't have many penalties and we play hard disciplined football. I only hope people continue to see the progression of our team as a whole. We're still missing pieces to the puzzle but this team with all its faults can be a 9 win team. I think that is a lot to be proud of because the foundation is being built with youth. When it begins to get cold and we reach November and December I think we'll all see a team that is playing very solid football.

All of this team and its coaches are making us better and that is something to stand behind in lieu of critiquing every play every week.

Anyone else see what I see looking into the all important months of November and December?

I think a lot of people think the coaches should magically have the answer just like the players should. These coaches have a slew of new faces and will learn how to better utilize their potential. I know they get paid a lot but they are still humans.

As the coaches and players grow together, we SHOULD see great things and I'm expecting us to be a lot better throughout the season.

Archived