Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Pet Peeve (Is When My Thread Title Doesn't Make It Clear Why It's in This Forum---MET) :)

Hitman21ST

I can't stand Tony Romo sits to pee, as in...

"Tony Romo sits to pee....."

:ols: So true. Especially after this week with all that hero worship. Apparently it only takes leading a team to victory one time for the media to forget all of the times he's choked. **** him. **** them.

:dallasuck HTTR!

• 4 months later...

ahh, good old search function. This is the perfect place for me to rant. :evilg:

I'm getting really annoyed by people speaking in such MATTER-OF-FACT terms this off-season about what certain teams will do, or what players will do, or how much a trade will cost.

"Trading up to #2 WILL cost this and that"

"so and so WILL be franchised"

"Team X WILL NOT resign/trade player X"

"Peyton Manning WILL NOT play again. He WILL be an OC" (how do you know, maybe he wants to drive a tractor around like Brett Favre)

Or when y'all say there's NO CHANCE for such and such to happen.

Here's some tough love: You guys don't know ****. I don't know ****, you don't know ****.

Even the fellas around here "in the know" don't go around telling you things they saw in a crystal ball. They're giving you an educated guess based on whatever it is they do, and whatever it is they know.

I know it's typical sports talk to speak in such a way. "Man the Packers ARE going to the Super Bowl" for instance, but damnit, it's just bugging the **** out of me.

Try to be open-ended, people. You won't disappoint yourself, and you won't make yourself look stupid.

:rant:

Edit- 3 minutes after posting this I saw the dreaded: "BOOK IT"

:twitch: :tantrum:

Archived