Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Quinn and Danny Watkins - 1st round picks week 1 healthy inactives

bedlamVR

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-ramsinactives

ST. LOUIS (AP)—St. Louis Rams first-round pick Robert Quinn(notes) and Philadelphia Eagles first-rounder Danny Watkins(notes) are inactive for the season opener.

Defensive end Robert Quinn was the 14th overall pick, while guard Danny Watkins was the 23rd pick but had lost his starting job to recently signed Kyle DeVan(notes).

click link for the rest ...

Sometimes Rookies need time to get upto speed and I am not talking busts just yet but there are somethings that can happen to you as a rookie that doesn't bode well for the rest of your career .... so much for the Eagles drafting prowess ... and as for Quinn, well I was one who wanted him in the draft .... kind of glad we took Kerrigan ... and I am not an NFL GM ...

Wow. You take the risk on drafting a 26-year old in the 1st because he'll be able to start right away. He's not supposed to need much developing. Sucks for the Eagles! :ols:

And Quinn...much of his college production came vs. scrubs. Now imagine if he was also switching positions to OLB in a 3-4?? Many were screaming for Quinn to fall to us (didn't happen), but right now it seems that Kerrigan was absolutely the right choice.

Archived