Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's a different feeling this year.....

trimee

For the first time in YEARS....When Grossman fumbled the ball away at the end of the third, maybe it was the beginning of the fourth (?), for the first time in a long time, I really felt like we were not gonna give the game away. I also did not get that feeling when Gano shanked the FG-even as recently as last year-I just knew that the missed FG was gonna be the one that lost the game for us. I am loving this 3-4. Dont they say that the second year is the year the players (defense) get it?

No, never! Tank this season! Suck for Luck! :pfft:

This is only the first game of the season and it usually is indicative of very little... but it's nice to see us come out of the preseason playing as good as or better than we did during it. Furthermore, we just beat the Giants. That can NOT be overlooked. That team has absolutely owned us, even when we've had good teams in 05 and 07. Simply wonderful.

Ill glady eat some crow on this one. what the **** was that?? this is one of the first games in forever where i was convinced we were winning in the 3rd quarter. that was straight ridiculous.

although maybe im not as surprised after watching all the other games today. Cam newton going for 400+, the bills decimating the chiefs, the steelers playing the worst game ive seen in a long time. twilight zone NFL day. but football is back and thats what matters.

but im not gonna get too excited and be crushed. we started 1-0 last year too, but today was fun.

Buccaneers game last year. I said out loud after we tied the game "were going to miss the extra point". I then proceeded to make a sandwich... My family was surprised at how calm I was when he missed it. But deep down I already knew he would.

I still have that feeling ingrained in me.

I posted in the gameday thread when the Giants were on their 2, that I wouldn't be surprised to see a 98 yard bomb.

There were several times this game where I thought that the missed FG might bite us in the ass. And several other times where I expected a big play or screw up.

It was nice to be wrong for once.

I hate to sound pessimistic but I definitely had the 'here we go again' feeling between the 3rd and 4th TDs. I was not comfortable at all until we scored again. In fact, I was still nervous with 3 minutes left. It will take a few more games than just this one before I feel we aren't 'the same ole Redskins'.

With that said, this is the first time I actually put a little weight (and heart) into how good we looked in the preseason. For once, so far, our preseason success has seemed to carry over. But I can't lie, after the first two series today I was saying 'here we go again'.

After the 2nd "3 and out" I started to worry that they were back to the old ways. Then when they drove down the field and Hightower scored I knew something was different. The D played with a killer instinct and gave Manning something to worry about PRESSURE!!! thats what I want to see is some sacks, forced incompletions, intentional groundings. They played with heart. The offense seemed to click better than it has in recent years. Even though some of the Giants key starters on D were out, the throws were right on and the timing was perfect on that throw to Armstrong in the endzone (I hope that makes the ESPN Top 10) Amazing play. When Kerrigan ran in for the score in the 3rd I knew they came to win this one. They came out to send a message. Whos Laughing now....not Giants fans lol.

I think watching the Wolverines win in spite of basically blowing the game with 30 seconds left, and still thinking we might win the game---that faith being affirmed with a change in the air in Ann Arbor, led me to believe today and not get too worried when we were making some bad plays.

I had a lot of fun but not the anxiety-induced headache I usually would get from YET ANOTHER season opener that was looking too close for comfort.

Archived