Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW| Exclusive Chris Horton Interview (awesome stuff on D Thomas/Zorn/Shanny/and this year

rd421

i guess in thinking about CH, I can't really pinpoint what happened to him? was he as good as we thought that first year and he just simply regressed? Was he never as good as we he was? was there one play/game that did him in? Did he never get along with Haz?

just thinking about his downfall while reading and watching Helu ... I sure hope the same does not happen to him.

i guess in thinking about CH, I can't really pinpoint what happened to him? was he as good as we thought that first year and he just simply regressed? Was he never as good as we he was? was there one play/game that did him in? Did he never get along with Haz?

just thinking about his downfall while reading and watching Helu ... I sure hope the same does not happen to him.

Looking back, half of Horton's plays were dumb luck. He was probably actually OUT of position for half of his turnovers, allowing him to be in the "right" place, if that makes sense. :ols:

He also had a HUGE advantage as a rookie because he ran our defense in college. That's why we drafted him, and because of that, he came in with a high floor in THAT defense.

He was totally lost when we switched schemes, and was never heard from again. A flukie couple of games, that's all.

I think the point here is that you have to see a player do it for more than one year before you can really believe in him. There have been many players who showed potential for one season and then was never able to recapture it.

And yes, you have to look at that with any of our rookies. Remember how many running backs Shanahan went through in Denver, where most of them didn't end up doing much after having a great season. Not saying that Helu will fit in the same category, but as we saw with Torain, such success can be fleeting.

Looking back, half of Horton's plays were dumb luck. He was probably actually OUT of position for half of his turnovers, allowing him to be in the "right" place, if that makes sense. :ols:

He also had a HUGE advantage as a rookie because he ran our defense in college. That's why we drafted him, and because of that, he came in with a high floor in THAT defense.

He was totally lost when we switched schemes, and was never heard from again. A flukie couple of games, that's all.

awesome insight man ... didn't realize that.

he just had, what at least appeared to be a dramatic downfall and i really never knew why ... i know he had some injury stuff going on.

Archived