Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: Tuscaloosa Baby Mission: Tornado Relief!!

AsburySkinsFan

I ask all of my ES brothers and sisters to lift us up in prayer today and tomorrow as we leave on the Tuscaloosa Baby Mission. We are taking about $8,000-$9,000 worth of baby supplies to the tornado ravaged region in Alabama.

Please lift us up in prayer for this to be a successful mission and that the Lord's work will be done.

Here is the trailer full of supplies, there is maybe a foot and a half of open space between the top of the stack and the roof! Our entire county has turned out big time to donate supplies for this mission!!!

IMG_0136.jpg

We just got back home about an hour ago, here are the pics. I'm still trying to process much of what we saw, but 2 weeks after the tornado it still looks horrid. The pics themselves don't even tell the story. That tornado cut right through the middle of Tuscaloosa, it's a horrible sight to see.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150176354501846.300505.540021845&l=2765a4f645

Found this video that follows the path of the tornado from a helicopter.

The lake at 2:22 is the lake that is visible in the video that I shot from 15th St. 2:42 you can see 15th St. 3:59 you can see the Baptist church on University Blvd that got hit, I have a pic of that church in my facebook album. At 5:27 you can see the intersection where the Holt Relief Station was set up by the Salvation Army/Americorps this is where we worked yesterday afternoon.

OU6hsYk_sWI

Thanks for the pics, ASF. I can't imagine something like that happening to my town. Glad you guys were able to lend a hand, and glad to see some kids jumping in to help :)

It was actually the something that came through my wife and a friend she teaches with, they pretty much organized the whole thing, and I hadn't even planned on going until Thursday when one of their navigators backed out on them. We ended up bringing our two kids and her friend brought her son and daughter, and the other young lady is a friend of the family. Those two were awesome working in the relief station, I lost count of the number of folks they helped out finding supplies, they went non-stop.

Oh, and a tornado like that hitting our town would obliterate the town, there simply wouldn't be anything left, it was very humbling and terrifying at the same time. But in the end it really felt a lot like trying to empty the ocean with a dixie cup.

Cool deal ASF! They really need that. Very proud of you!

Unfortunately I just had to officially decline my first FEMA deployment to this region, which I'm really upset about. I'm meeting with the health department director and DA this week to develop protocal for me to go on future deployments...because I'm pretty much at the ponit of telling them what they are doing to me is illegal in terms of deployment (me havning to pay back benefits for the time I'm gone which my friends in FEMA have told me is illegal). Anyway, hopefully we'll get things hashed out next week and I'll be down in region IV next month or 2.

Archived