Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Replays for the entire year

PatFischer37

No season...no problem

I am sure I am not alone when I suggest a season full of great full game replays. The fans who were too young aren't aware except for NFL films highlights

Example

1969 games late in season where skins get their first winning season in 20 years

1971- choice games from the first year of the over the hill gang

1972- our superbowl run. Lots of great games

1973- Monday night game with cowboys where ken Houston stops garrison on goalline at the end of game

1974 - final game of season- sonny's last hurrah vs Chicago

1978- first 6 games where we went 6-0 on our way to a supposed superbowl

1979- painful game, but great, the finale vs the cowboys including Riggins 60 yd rd run

1981 - first Gibbs win vs Chicago

1982 - choice games on our way to first superbowl

1983 - some amazing games where we set thenscoring record...any game except the superbowl blunder

1987- skins superbowl run. Some great scab games too

1991- the whole season has possiblitirlies

There is so much in the archives and sometimes the real thing isn't nearly as good as the past.

The local fox network could resell ad space and even though we all know the result, it still allows us to go to our favorite Sunday place of worship..our family room!

Its just not the same. Knowing the result is the part that I dont like. It takes the intensity and the unknown factor completely away. Thats the drug factor that we as fans prescribe ourselves on Sundays. Its a novel idea but just not the same. Give me one of those time traveling cars off Back to the Future and I would be all over it. $$$$$

Archived