Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Cowboys eye Cam Newton at combine

Oldskool

Romo sits to pee is a 31 year old QB coming off a major shoulder injury. Wouldn't shock me at all if Dallas took a QB but they'd be more likely to take Jerruh's razorback boy Ryan Mallett(who will be a colossal bust in the NFL imo).

The rumors out of Dallas regarding QBs is they like Greg McElroy out of Alabama as a later round project if they go QB. Garrett also likes the progress that McGee has made but I doubt he's seen as a long term solution.

Personally I think Carolina takes him 1st overall. I don't know why, I got an itchy feeling just watching and reading the news here in Charlotte.

The Panthers need to trade out of the first pick.They have a LOT of holes to fill. I was initially thinking they should take Fairley. But he's alot smaller than I thought. Or at least the guys on tv today were making it seem like he was undersized for a DT. One guy also mentioned that just about every DT ever taken with the first pick has been a bust. Plus he's not a high character guy. The Panthers could trade back and also get back they 2nd round pick they traded away last year.

Cam over defense? Really?

The Panthers have good LBers and good DTs. I could see them going DE with Bowers, but I'm not sure he's worthy of the 1st pick. I could see them going with Peterson as the 1st pick, but they weren't happy with Claussen's progress and with Luck out of the picture, I could see them taking a chance on Cam. I'n not saying for sure, but just a hunch of mine.

---------- Post added March-1st-2011 at 01:43 PM ----------

The Panthers need to trade out of the first pick.They have a LOT of holes to fill. I was initially thinking they should take Fairley. But he's alot smaller than I thought. Or at least the guys on tv today were making it seem like he was undersized for a DT. One guy also mentioned that just about every DT ever taken with the first pick has been a bust. Plus he's not a high character guy. The Panthers could trade back and also get back they 2nd round pick they traded away last year.

I could see that.

Their defense IS that bad. They have Jon Beason, and then what?

Sometimes it's not about the names. Their defense was pretty stout. They were losing games 20-7 or 23-10. Their offense was that bad.

The Panthers have good LBers and good DTs. I could see them going DE with Bowers, but I'm not sure he's worthy of the 1st pick. I could see them going with Peterson as the 1st pick, but they weren't happy with Claussen's progress and with Luck out of the picture, I could see them taking a chance on Cam. I'n not saying for sure, but just a hunch of mine.

---------- Post added March-1st-2011 at 01:43 PM ----------

I could see that.

Sometimes it's not about the names. Their defense was pretty stout. They were losing games 20-7 or 23-10. Their offense was that bad.

I heard in a report that the Panthers are sticking by Clausen, right?

I heard in a report that the Panthers are sticking by Clausen, right?

Well, he's their only option at this point. They were "disappointed" with his progress last year, but he'll definately get a chance to compete for the starting job. I was just speculating when I said they could take a chance on Newton, but with his bad combine throwing effort, I'm not so sure they'd take him first overall now.

Well, he's their only option at this point. They were "disappointed" with his progress last year, but he'll definately get a chance to compete for the starting job. I was just speculating when I said they could take a chance on Newton, but with his bad combine throwing effort, I'm not so sure they'd take him first overall now.

They won't take him. Richardson doesn't like shady characters. There are just too many red flags with Newton for Jerry's liking. The stolen laptop thing. The nearly getting kicked out of Florida. His dad pimping him out. Bad throwing day at the combine. No way they are taking Newton.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived