Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2011 Draft: Middle to Late round QBs

darrelgreenie

I was following the small-school product Troy Weatherhead. I'd like to see a team give him a look.
What's his story don't know anything about him.

---------- Post added July-7th-2011 at 10:57 PM ----------

Cmon DG...you lose all credibility for mentioning Josh Portis. If you are a Maryland fan then you know he is a dead man version of Jordan Jefferson. If you grouping Portis with these guys then I don't want any of them.
You've made it clear in the past that I never had any credibility with you to begin with anyway. ;)

But seriously I watched some Cal(PA) games on ESPN3 and Portis turned into a pretty good rhythm passer.

He's not the same QB he was at U of M.

He threw the ball well at the combine and he's has great athletic ability.

Sports media types have been speculating that TerrlIe Pryor could be a mid-round supplemental draft pick and I would pick Josh Portis over Terrlle Pryor anyday.

I harbor no illusion about UDFA QBs we're essentially talking about camp arms w/ upside.

What's his story don't know anything about him.

He went to Hillsdale College playing Division II football (same school Jared Veldheer came from). He has the school record in Yards (9,144), Completions (795), and TDs (63). He has the highest completion percentage in league history with 77.2%, which also lead all prospects entering the draft by a hefty margin (of course, coming from D II it doesn't mean as much). There's also something called the Passer Efficiency Rating (I have no idea what it is) that he lead the nation in with 171.59. around a 5 TD to 1 INT ratio. He's a huge question mark coming out of a small school, but those numbers suggest there may be something about him that warrants a closer look from somebody.

He went to Hillsdale College playing Division II football (same school Jared Veldheer came from). He has the school record in Yards (9,144), Completions (795), and TDs (63). He has the highest completion percentage in league history with 77.2%, which also lead all prospects entering the draft by a hefty margin (of course, coming from D II it doesn't mean as much). There's also something called the Passer Efficiency Rating (I have no idea what it is) that he lead the nation in with 171.59. around a 5 TD to 1 INT ratio. He's a huge question mark coming out of a small school, but those numbers suggest there may be something about him that warrants a closer look from somebody.
He has good stats.

How's his ball placement accuracy, arm strength and mobility?

Does he play in spread offense or under center in a rhythm passing game?

Any clips of him playing?

He has good stats.

How's his ball placement accuracy, arm strength and mobility?

Does he play in spread offense or under center in a rhythm passing game?

Any clips of him playing?

unfortunately, he didn't get much press so I haven't been able to find much. From what I've read, his arm strength was a question mark. He's supposed to be very accurate, though.

This is the best scouting report on him I've found, which isn't much, really: http://gnb.scout.com/2/1063394.html

I only found one "video" searching under his name (the frame rate is absolutely horrid) which is of his first career TD. Fortunately, since Jared Veldheer was his tackle, we may be able to find some video of him watching Veldheer highlights. I'm going to look into that.

edit: ugh, I'm not even finding Veldheer highlight videos.

Archived