Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Transcript of Shanahan's press conference

DixieFlatline

I didn't see the transcript in a post anywhere, just the thread on his quote on youth. If I missed it, please merge/delete.

I thought a lot of interesting insights in here. Especially like the description of how the coaches will go about evaluating players.

Also thought this quote was interesting because I didn't hear much about it throughout the year.

"...It’s got to be a standard on how you operate as an organization. As I’ve told some of our players, I’ve had more fines here my first year than I did in Denver and with the Raiders. It’s a sense of responsibility and people doing things the right way...."

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Mike_Shanahan_Season_Ending_Press_Conference_188109.jsp

This one caught my eye as well:

On retaining everyone in the scouting department:

"Number one, that's my plan. Number two, if it wasn't my plan I wouldn't be sharing it with you at this time. I would sit down and talk to them. It's kind of an unfair question for me, but I don't have any plans to make any changes at this time."

Well, if there were going to be changes to the scouting staff, it would have happened already. Typically, you make those changes between the draft and training camp.

That may be true, but based on what people have side about the size of our staff, I would hope he would say would augment it. Maybe before the draft isn't a good time to do that, but I think it would be less intrusive than say getting rid of people before the draft.

Archived