Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isportsweb: Simply Unreal; Redskins Lose 17-16

dlwredskins

Thanks Dlw I enjoyed it, and EA lighten up . Who are you the literature police?

Why did you enjoy it? It was a simple synopsis of the game that we all just watched, and poorly written to boot. I could have written a better article when I was a freshman in high school.

So:

Poorly written article? Check.

Doesn't add anything to the discussion...unless you didn't, and won't, watch the game? Check.

Offers no further analysis? Check.

Poor OP? Check.

I'm sorry if we have higher standards for the board.

Another gut-wrenching loss, another beer.

One I wouldn't mind taking, the other could be thrown out the window. { you decide}.

For once this season, it would be nice to see all 3 phases of the team play their game for 60 minutes; is that too much to ask for?

Week in and week out, either special teams, defense, offense, or individual players seem to be trying out for "c'mon man" of the week, by making bone-headed plays or simply not paying attention to their responsibilities on the field.

Overall there are quite a few good players on the team, but at some point in the game they have a disconnect from what they are doing, and get caught up in the moment of the game, and end up giving up or dropping a good play, which ends up being a game-changer.

Gano for instance, a rookie; is he worth keeping because he is young? Sellars who is a beast when he wants to be, but almost weekly draws a flag on ST, Doughty, who isn't good in coverage at least tackles bigger players low instead of trying to shoulder tackle. Hall, who is constantly playing the ball trying to get picks, only works some of the time, especially when he misses.

I would bet that if all 3 parts of the team would play their best for 60 minutes would equate into a sizeable victory, but week after week we watch them make great plays, followed by a play that leaves us scratching our heads saying WTF!

It seems that they know the season is over, and are trying to pad their stats by attempting big plays, when good old fashioned football would do the team wonders, which is the real reason to play the game, for the team's sake...

Archived