Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Cowboys targeting Week Sixteen for Romo

tr1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/10/cowboys-targeting-week-sixteen-for-Romo sits to pee/

Posted by Evan Silva

The Dallas Cowboys will finish the season 8-8 in a best-case scenario. A playoff berth is unrealistic, but owner Jerry Jones remains hopeful that quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee will be able to play again this season.

Many have questioned the Cowboys’ plan to reinsert Romo sits to pee in what is shaping up as a lost season.

But Jones’ primary goal is to finish strong, and the Cowboys have kept Romo sits to pee on the active roster rather than injured reserve :ols:

Asked about the possibility of Romo sits to pee playing in Week Sixteen against the Cardinals, Jones replied “In my opinion, he will be.”

“I want to do anything we can to win those games,” explained the Cowboys’ owner to the Associated Press. “(The decision) will be based on what gives us the best chance to win. And when (Romo sits to pee) is ready to go, he’s going to be ready. I shouldn’t be concerned about additional injury to his shoulder.”

Jones also confirmed that Romo sits to pee would return as a starter, not Kitna’s backup. Romo sits to pee fractured his collarbone in Week Seven. Dallas is 3-1 in Kitna’s last four starts, and would almost certainly be 4-0 if not for this play.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 10:45 PM ----------

...and when Romo sits to pee LOSES that final game, the controversy should be in high gear for the off-season.

:rotflmao:

Jones also confirmed that Romo sits to pee would return as a starter, not Kitna’s backup. Romo sits to pee fractured his collarbone in Week Seven. Dallas is 3-1 in Kitna’s last four starts, and would almost certainly be 4-0 if not for this play.

First Crayton over Miles Austin, then Barber over Choice, and now Romo sits to pee over Kitna. It looks like the Cowboys still haven't learned their lesson.

I somewhat understand Stafford wanting to come back for the last game or 2 of the season to try and prove himself; however, Romo sits to pee coming back makes no sense because the Cowboys already know what they have in Romo sits to pee. A solid QB who will extend and make plays both in and out of the pocket, and then will make a costly turnover or two at the worst possible time and one of the least clutch QBs in the NFL.

Interesting little side note, I was watching 60 minutes tonight and they had a piece on Jerruh. As tempted as I was to change the channel, I ended up watching it out of morbid curiosity.

Hilariously, they credit Jerruh as being the instrumental GM to 3 Super Bowls (never mind the fact that it was the Walker trade, combined with Jimmy Johnson's expertise, that led to 2 of them, and the talent for Switzer to drive them to a third). And when the interviewer asked him where "that GM" was, Jerruh replied that "he" was still there, and that (paraphrasing this a bit) he would never consider changing his current approach.

Fear not, NFL. Jerruh has not learned his lesson, and will continue to be the all-knowing GM of the Dallas Cowboys. ;)

Archived