Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Dez Bryant catches 0 passes on 6 attempts, refuses to talk to media

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/difficult-day-for-dez-bryant.html

Rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant threw his first career shutout for the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday. Bryant failed to catch any of the six passes thrown to him in the loss to New Orleans.

Bryant declined to discuss his performance, saying only ``I gotta to'' as he hurriedly dressed and departed the locker room. Since catching three passes for 104 yards and one touchdown in the win against the New York Giants, Bryant has only three catches for eight yards and one score in two games.

Quarterback Jon Kitna and Bryant appeared to be on different wavelengths throughout the game. Kitna absolved Bryant, saying the apparent differences were the result of New Orleans' hard-to-decipher defense.

Kitna and Bryant did have an obvious moment of miscommunication in the fourth quarter. On a third-down play from the Saints 35, Bryant turned upfield when Kitna expected him to go to the sideline. Kitna blamed himself for the incompletion, which forced a punt.

``He saw it right, and I was wrong,'' Kitna said. ``It unfortunately cost us. We had to get off the field.''

Bryant also cost Marion Barber what would have been a 15-yard run in the fourth quarter with a motion penalty. Bryant loudly objected to the call both in the huddle and on the sideline. Tight end Jason Witten, in the huddle, and receivers coach Ray Sherman, on the sideline, both tried to calm Bryant and get him to forget about the penalty.

``Dez is emotional, in a good way,'' Witten said. ``It's hard sometimes when you're a rookie and have a penalty. We just wanted to get him to forget about it and look forward to the next play.''

My puke fan pals told me this guy was UNSTOPPABLE...I guess he is, until he plays good defenses.

:rotflmao:

He is UNSTOPPABLE!! Didn't you see how fast he whisked his way to the locker room? Didn't you see how he juked and put double moves on the locker reporters? This guy is untouchable!!

Archived