Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DC area rental market

spjunkies

My first apartment was at Richmond Square in Ballston, I loved that place *sigh* :(

Oh and to the people who recommend looking for a basement is Craigslist the best resource for searching for that?

I live at that same intersection, in Ballston Square the Archstone property. I lived in Crystal City before and hands down Ballston is better,besides the rent.

Oh and to the people who recommend looking for a basement is Craigslist the best resource for searching for that?

Yep as far as I know. Last time I moved, I found a few basements on Craigslist and went and checked them out. You can enter "English basement" into your search criteria and it should bring some up.

Yep as far as I know. Last time I moved, I found a few basements on Craigslist and went and checked them out. You can enter "English basement" into your search criteria and it should bring some up.

That's what I did when looking for a place this summer. You should also check in the sublet and roommates section - sometimes sublet listings are actually looking for someone long-term, and some basements are listed in the roommate section even though they are self-contained. Just make sure if you check any out to ask about flooding history/insurance coverage and also make sure there is plenty of light. The place we sublet this summer was a hole and I would never live there more than a few months.

Excuse me, I actually meant to say I respect all the women walking around Arlington and DC like a gentleman.

I thought that was what you meant.

I found both of my daughters apartments on Craigslist. They had jobs while they were still in school so I spent time looking for them (instead of posting on extremeskins) Got one a great apartment at Courthouse that overlooks the washington monument. Found the other a classic in downtown St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore, which is where she landed her job.

Archived