Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Indianapolis Colts are 0-3 in Washington

fuji869

This whole thing is eerily similar to the Pats game a few years back. Where they dominated the redskins 52-7.

Everyone talked about how great our defense was and it was the best defense in the NFC east. We all said Coach Gibbs would come up with a good gameplan and the pats wouldn't do anything to our defense. Even the media talked about how hard it would be fore the pats to move the ball on the skins and this would be the week the patriots feel. There was even this stat that someone started a thread with, that Brady or Belichick never beat the redskins. They beat all of the other 31 teams but not the redskins.

It just feels like deja vu

This whole thing is eerily similar to the Pats game a few years back. Where they dominated the redskins 52-7.

Everyone talked about how great our defense was and it was the best defense in the NFC east. We all said Coach Gibbs would come up with a good gameplan and the pats wouldn't do anything to our defense. Even the media talked about how hard it would be fore the pats to move the ball on the skins and this would be the week the patriots feel. There was even this stat that someone started a thread with, that Brady or Belichick never beat the redskins. They beat all of the other 31 teams but not the redskins.

It just feels like deja vu

I think this is different though. We didn't blitz them enough and we focused on taking away the deep ball but we never had underneath coverage under control. The patriots ripped us in small chunks. It was all about the slot that day IIRC. It was a sickening defensive game plan. We sat back and waited for them to attack and they just picked us apart.

I think this is different though.

There was a three year stretch where we'd have that one game every season which proved how far away we were from competing with the elite in this league. Our seasons took a nose dive after each of these measuring stick losses.

2006 @ the Colts

2007 @ the Pats

2008 The Steelers

Here's to hoping things are different this time.:fingersx:

Even if we get blown out, I'm not gonna let it get me down bc I still think this is a rebuilding year and we've overachieved thus far.

Archived