Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we fix the offense for 2011 and beyond

AshburnJay

I shudder to think what is going to happen to us when we play against the Vikings and that killer defensive line with the big fatties in the middle and Jared Allen and Edwards on the outside :(

Hopefully, lots of screens and swing passes. Ugh.

1) Draft a WR (ND Michael Floyd)

2) Draft a G/C (Penn State Stefen Wisniewski)

2011 OLine

LT - T Williams - Capers (hopefully he developes)

LG - Wisniewski - Montgomery

C - Kory Lich or Rabach

RG - Big Mike Williams

RT - J Brown - Heyer

3) Draft NT/LB

4) Sign FA LBs (3-4 LBs Baltimore/NE/GB/SD/Pitt UFA)

You know what else I realize....a lot of receivers may not wanna be traded or signed here if our QB position is uncertain. Meaning if McNabb isn't signed, they'll call that into question. No way a VJax, or Lee Evans, Fitzgerald, or others will want to sign or be traded here if they'll have no QB to throw to them in 2011 and beyond

And I personally wanna spend our draft picks on defense, linemen, and an RB. Drafting a WR or anything of the sort is too risky....

If Larry Fitzgerald is a free agent next year. Sign him. I believe he can opt out of his contract after this year and has a no tag clause.

Then draft either Ingram (Alabama) or Williams (Virginia Tech) in next year's draft.

Sign McNabb to a 3 year deal. Draft a prospect either late next year or early the year after to groom behind him.

Draft interior linemen prospects late next year and early the year after.

Dang that sounded good gave me the chills; I hope this happens, way to be optomistic. I don't think we will have a chance at Larry or Mark or Williams but it would be nice.

I'd say sign McNabb should be priority and lets TRY and give him what would be offered in Minnesota and concentrate on interior line in draft.

We can also ravage the other 3-4 teams for defensive players...

Jets may lose a few players due to many key players hitting free agency... David Harris RFA

Baltimore has a few LBs that are hitting FA, they need to resign Ngata (big money will be spent to keep him there)

NE - I think they have one LB hitting FA, Guyton (Richard Seymour if he doesnt get tagged, may be a FA hes with Oakland though)

SD - Merriman sign him cheap imo, and lace his contract with performance triggers...

PIT - Woodley is a RFA (I don't see Pitt letting him walk at all, Tag or Tender 1&3) pending CBA

GB - DE - Jolly, Jenkins

Archived