Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & Redskins.com: Redskins Re-sign Smith, Put Bidwell On Injured Reserve

Oldskool

His yards per punt avg was pretty low last year but some of our most exciting play of the year were with him. Glad to have him back.

How many TDs does Hunter the Punter get us this year if any?

I think his injury had a lot to do with that, but one thing I loved was his propensity to put the ball inside the 10. He did it 23 times last year. Bidwell could not do that against the Eagles Sunday. He shanked one off his foot and they started at the 26. I don't think we'll run any swinging gate plays. I wouldn't mind seeing a fake punt though.

Injured Reserve???

How about put him on a bus?

He's a punter for cryin' out loud. What, are they afraid someone will sign him and get all of Danny Smith's super awesome special teams secrets?

(Here's a secret. Danny Smith sucks. Put him on the bus with Bidwell.)

~Bang

I so agree with you. I'll pay for both their tickets.

Injured Reserve???

How about put him on a bus?

He's a punter for cryin' out loud. What, are they afraid someone will sign him and get all of Danny Smith's super awesome special teams secrets?

(Here's a secret. Danny Smith sucks. Put him on the bus with Bidwell.)

~Bang

I would hope some team in our division would steal Ole Smitty's super awesome special team secrets and employ them into their own game plan. It would only help. After Monday night's game is there anyway we can get Miami to trade us a bag of football for Danny?

It is interesting that Bidwell got put on IR, he hasn't been healthy for over a year with the hip injury he suffered last season with Tampa Bay but I guess the Redskins must think that if he were ever to be fully healthy that he would be their man--doesn't sound like a big vote of confidence for Hunter Smith. It is worthwhile noting that when Bidwell got hurt with Tampa Bay last year, they put him on IR in August and then released him in March. The two punters have pretty comparable stats over their careers, I think Bidwell has averaged like 1/2 yard more per kick than Smith.

Archived