Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best catch of the game = incomplete!!!

Zarg

Armstrong is quickly becoming a deep threat favorite of McNabb. His catch out of bounds was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately the wind took that out off target but A-strong tracked it down and still caught that ball... encouraging, very encouraging.

:ols: :ols: :ols:

I don't know how to reply to this

Can't knock Armstrong though. I mean....I was upset at him for stumbling on that catch he could have run in the endzone....but overall he helped keep us in it. There was no way he was gonna catch that ball near the sidelines though on that other play. The pass would have had to be absolutely perfect

But he DID catch it! The one over the shoulder, deep ball... are we talking about the same one?

Yes....are we talking about the same sport? You can't catch something that's out of bounds. Physically, you can, but not within the rules. I think that's what Frost is saying ;)

Yes....are we talking about the same sport? You can't catch something that's out of bounds. Physically, you can, but not within the rules. I think that's what Frost is saying ;)
It was a fairly impressive catch by Armstrong, even though there wasn't a prayer of making it inbounds.

LOL, at first I thought this thread was about the last play of the game too!

I cant stand Aikman and Buck they no nothing about commentating. They blamed McNabb for that ball he incompleted to Fred Davis, but Davis clearly misjudged the ball. Yes the throw could've been better but Davis has got to make that catch. They showed the throw on NFL GameDay and all the commentators agreed that Davis should've made a better effort for the catch. But Armstrong is clearly becoming the new Ricky Sanders. Hopefully we develop plays specifically for him so he can get more touches when Moss and Cooley are blanketed.

I cant stand Aikman and Buck they no nothing about commentating. They blamed McNabb for that ball he incompleted to Fred Davis, but Davis clearly misjudged the ball. Yes the throw could've been better but Davis has got to make that catch. They showed the throw on NFL GameDay and all the commentators agreed that Davis should've made a better effort for the catch.
And blaming the refs for Reid taking up time arguing over the ball placement / delay of game at the goal line. Buck needs to go.

I disagree. I think those catches are maddening. Why does he run his routes so close to the sideline? I thought really good receivers give themselves cushions between themselves and the sideline so if the ball sails a little, they can still make the catch in bounds.

Of course this reply is predicated on McNabb's throw being adjusted to Armstrong's adjusted route.

Armstrong is quickly becoming a deep threat favorite of McNabb. His catch out of bounds was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately the wind took that out off target but A-strong tracked it down and still caught that ball... encouraging, very encouraging.

Archived