Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Rebuilding"

RedskinsInFebruary

If you're going to go full rebuild/youth movement mode, first, step up to the mike, tell the fanbase you're completely tearing down the roster, trading established vets for picks and purposely taking a few steps back in hopes of making a great leap forward.

No way they ever do this in Washington. The average fan in Washington would not pay money to watch a Redskins team, that everybody expects to have no chance to win. Revenue would drop significantly if somebody comes out and tells this fan base "Hey, we are planning on rebuilding for the next 2 to 3 seasons. Expect few wins during this time frame. However, we expect you to continue coming to the games every week, and shelling out your hard earned money accordingly." :ols:

Not everybody is an extreme fan. We would support the team no matter what, but casual fans? No way.

The average fan in Washington would not pay money to watch a Redskins team, that everybody expects to have no chance to win.

They stopped coming a while ago, season ticket returns, etc. No shows at games, after market sales, drop in season ticket holders. So far, including Dallas, the ticket office offered lower level tickets to every home game. And more will become available.

The average fan would prefer a rebuild imo. I might buy season tickets if they ended the charade. Give me youth and promise for a future.

There have been no casual fans of this team in 18 years.

What about the season ticket holders who sold their game tickets to Pittsburgh fans in 2008 when the team had a winning record? With the most common excuses being... "I have to work tomorrow" and the "traffic will suck leaving the stadium" and "who are you to tell me what to do with my property." Pretty casual if you ask me.

They stopped coming a while ago, season ticket returns, etc. No shows at games, after market sales, drop in season ticket holders. So far, including Dallas, the ticket office offered lower level tickets to every home game. And more will become available.
Fair enough
The average fan would prefer a rebuild imo. I might buy season tickets if they ended the charade. Give me youth and promise for a future.
Well I think you have 1/2 of what you want. We have the promise for the future, but not the youth. Not yet.

The McNabb trade was done for two reasons. The primary was to show a young QB, Beck, how to be an NFL QB as he did with Kolb and Vick. The last reason is McNabb was a true upgrade from Campbell with respect to on the field performance and his leadership skills.

beck will be 30 by the time 2011 season starts. i cant see them trading picks to bring in a guy to train beck since beck was picked up after mcnabb was.

Archived