Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Complex

ceviker

@ PHI, GB, IND, @ CHI

Just think about that for a second. Arguably 3 of the top 4 NFC teams right now and Indy is, well, Indy. That's our next 4 games. We're underdogs against Philly, we will be against GB even if we beat Philly 30-0, we will for sure be against Indy and only way we're not against Chicago at Soldier is if we rattle of 3 wins in a row and they **** the bed.

We are very conceivably looking at 1-6, with 2-5 being a more reasonable outcome. If we somehow split these games, we'd still be 3-4. To have a record better than .500 going into the bye we need to win 3 of these games (we play @ Detroit after Chicago before the bye). Just think real hard about that for a second. It is very early in the season but a loss against the Eagles guarantees we will miss the playoffs. And a win against them does not guarantee playoffs.

Look, I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to Redskins. I'm the guy calculating ways for us to make playoffs when its week 14 and we're 5-8. And I know there are many fans here just like me. And I suppose this is meant for those fans like me. I'm trying real hard not to get emotional and try to realize we've put ourselves in a helluva spot with our schedule. Our D can't stop a parked car, our running game can't get going and even if we get past the defenders, the grass on the field stops us and our "special" teams are appropriately named. If you asked a non-Redskins fan what would happen to our season, they would say much improved from last year but it will take Shanny at least a year to rebuild. I, like many of you, was hoping that everything would gel and we would surprise some people. But its not.

I will be rooting just as hard and doing math all the way until its mathematically impossible we're out of playoffs. I mean, we are only one game back from the division. Wait what? 1 game back? And we're 1-0 in division too? Giants do suck this year…. What if we beat Philly? Man, we'd be .500 and 2-0 in the division, tied for 1st and Phi and Dal would be 0-1 in the division. Man… GB, Indy and Chi are tough. But wait - don't the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants all have to play those guys too? GB already beat Philly… At least we have home games against the two hardest ones… and by the time we play Chicago, the Cutler-Martz marriage will most likely be heading for annulment. Then the Lions and I mean, after losing to the Rams this year and Lions last year, there is no chance in hell Shanny will let us lose that game.

And hell, we can't really be 32nd in the NFL all year in defense. We will move up. Torain will give us a new spark on offense. McNabb's leadership alone will win us a couple games. Man… I mean, how can't we not win the division this year? Impossible. Time to go see how much a flight to Dallas in February is going to cost.

HTTR

I think of it this way: I'm not expecting the Redskins to win the Superbowl this year. At all. I just want to see exciting football out of my team, unlike the last 2 years(minus a couple games), and I've seen that. McNabb throwing the ball 70yds to Galloway, catch or not, is exciting to me. A turnover on a kickoff return, and a touchdown pass 1 play later is exciting to me. These are things I haven't been used to recently.

Making the playoffs one way or the other is one thing...that would be nice. Losing in the playoffs is not, and unfortunately, that's what I would expect if we did make it. At least it seems that way now.

All I REALLY want is to win the division. That would just be awesome. And a great way to go into next year.

As for the next few games...I kind of like it actually. I would rather play the best teams in the league(as a fan anyway.) We took it to the Saints last year. Actually, everyone on the team beat the saints. Suisham did not. I'm sick and tired of playing nothing games against nothing teams like the rams and lions. Especially because we're starting a trend of losing to them. We've had good games against the Pack in the past. And I really think the Indy game will be special. Monday night at home. I don't expect blowouts at all. I think successful gamblers know to never bet for or against Washington. There's no telling what they're gonna do these days.

But as I said, there's flashes of excitement this year, and I'm enjoying it. Losses kill me as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, I expect some fun football in the next few weeks.

Archived