Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LB Bryan Cox rips Jets FO on NFL Live

Nighthawk

Originally posted by Flowtrain

Pardon me. I didn't realize there was anything to defend.

Flow okay you just talked for an hour and basically wrote everything you wrote before. The bottom line is most likey Coles was doubled in the game and covered by the #1 CB, right? If I recall that would be Charles Woodson for Oakland, and for him to get over 40 to 50 yds on him is impressive in its own right.

The other thing is Chad missed 26 passes so we don't know how many of those were going to Coles. Personally Moss should have had a bigger day since he was most likely going up against a Safety not even a real CB. Stats don't always show how someone is playing, what about blocking down field, trying to get others open, etc........

One other point I believe might be true, but wasn't Coles hurt in the first game of the playoffs and was nursing and injury in the second game??

I am not saying preseason is so important. What I was pointing out is the skins are showing how the guy should be used, that is for looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong plays not just 5 or 10 yard hitches.

Moss is currently your #3 right, behind Wayne I believe, don't know for sure. So please do not compare the two untill he is being covered by a #1 CB and he has 1000 yds in a season. For 3 years he has played and only has 400 yds to show. I can bet you right now that our rookie Jacobs will have more before the end of his first year.

Face it Moss will turn out at best to be a decent WR but never a #1 type. And yes he is a Warrick clone.

So funny how Jet fans turn on the players that performed well for them in the past, sad in a way. Even though B Mitchell and Thrash have left the skins I have never turned my back on them. Last year you were hating Vinny and now you love him.

Coles stats for his first two years:

22 catches, 370 yards, 1 TD

59 catches, 868 yards, 7 TD

First two years in the league he amassed 1,238 on 81 catches for 8 TD's. For a third round pick, that's great value for the first two years.

Moss hasn't produced half the stats that Coles put up, and he was the 16th overall player taken. Value-wise, that's pretty bad, especially when considering that the player taken just ahead of him, (or behind I can't remember) Rod Gardner, has put up 117 catches, over 1,700 yards and 12 TD's. Not too shabby.

For his draft position, and considering the other receivers taken near him in the same draft, Koren Robinson, David Terrell, Gardner, and Freddie Mitchell, not to mention those taken well after, Chris Chambers, to say that calling Moss a bust is absurd IS absurd. The only guy who is a bigger bust is Freddie Mitchell.

What makes this all so funny, and pathetic, is that the Jets spent their top pick to fill a perceived need for a speed receiver, when they had that player all along, and rather than paying that guy when he proved himself as a top-shelf receiver, they let him go, deciding to go with the first rounder because of his college pedegree.

It all goes back to knowing your personnel, and to none other than Bradway, who Cox was calling out on NFL Live.

this is all preposterous :laugh:

Coles is a pro bowl caliber player that DBs will tell you is emerging.

Moss is a guy who so far is better know for being a #1 draft pick than for anything he has done on an NFL field :)

There were questions about Moss coming out, that he was too small to hold up in the NFL and he promptly went a ways in proving that hypothesis by getting hurt and missing all of his rookie season.

Moss has shown more as a PR than WR. And teams don't use the #16 pick in the draft to secure the services of a PR/KR only :)

We all know that.

Let Moss get on the field and catch 90 balls and then we will start talking about his bright NFL future :evil:

Originally posted by bulldog

Moss has shown more as a PR than WR. And teams don't use the #16 pick in the draft to secure the services of a PR/KR only :)

Sounds to me not like a Warrick clone but worse a Desmond Howard clone :rotflmao: even though that makes me sad for bringing up his name once again :(

Originally posted by MAP16

The only guy who is a bigger bust is Freddie Mitchell.

B]

David Terrell is a bigger bust than Freddie or Santana.

Terrell was so hyped up and has done pretty much nothing. Mitchell hasn't either, but the hype wasn't as big.

At least Santana has done some things to impact a game here or there.

never have i seen a non ART post where somebody utilised grandiose verbalisations in order to completely obfuscate the issue thereby confusing all us lesser edjamacated sillieheads!

oh yeha when art does it its funnier or is that more funny?Oh well one of the grammarrians will surely correct me.oh yeah i like Bryan cox i dont like the cliche mongers that most sportscasters have turned into.

Archived