Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Match Up Versus Houston - What to Look For

KDawg

I do believe the Girls will play the Texans this year and that will end this arguement. The Redskins played the Girls as well as a team can with the Dallas Cowboys with the better qb however you want to spin it. I notice you did not speak on having the 30th ranked run offense last year against a team that has been ranked dead last in run defense this year.

In fact, Dallas come up the following week, so that should be a short argument. Dallas is going down, and it isn't going to be pretty.

The only reason we were 30th in running last year was we didn't have a running back. It really is that simple. But that problem has been solved, I think, because the "team that is dead last against the run this year" has Foster that thank for it. I'm surprised you didn't connect the dots on that one. :)

Anyone know the latest news on Moore? Andre Johnson, IMO, is the best WR in the NFL. He'll need to be doubled all day by a CB and safety, but I don't see Doughty as being up to that task.

Interesting. Johnson just became the highest paid receiver in the league, and then became an afterthought in his first game out. I'm hoping he earns his check Sunday, though. If you can shut him down your odds of winning go way up. Johnson is the kind of player every team dreams of having, and he's quietly gone about his business even when the rest of the team was laughably bad. An honest-to-God role model, who has kept his mouth shut, worked hard and is about to get a chance to enjoy the fruits of his labor. It's been a privilege to watch him play. I hope some day there will be other Texans I can say that about.

In fact, Dallas come up the following week, so that should be a short argument. Dallas is going down, and it isn't going to be pretty.

The only reason we were 30th in running last year was we didn't have a running back. It really is that simple. But that problem has been solved, I think, because the "team that is dead last against the run this year" has Foster that thank for it. I'm surprised you didn't connect the dots on that one. :)

Hmm I seen this movie before last year ala Steve Slaton seeing the bench for fumbles and lack of production then comes Ryan Moats with a solid perfomance in a starting roll only to see mediocre numbers the following week against a tougher defense so I cannot be sold on Foster not quite yet that is why the dots cannot be connected.

Hmm I seen this movie before last year ala Steve Slaton seeing the bench for fumbles and lack of production then comes Ryan Moats with a solid perfomance in a starting roll only to see mediocre numbers the following week against a tougher defense so I cannot be sold on Foster not quite yet that is why the dots cannot be connected.

Well as it turns out Slaton also had surgery due to his problems. Fairly major surgery, in fact.

As to connecting the dots, let me help you with that. You said Fosters yardage meant less because he was running against the worst ranked run defense "this year." I merely pointed out they were worst ranked BECAUSE Foster ran against them. It's a cause and effect thing. As I recall, the Colts had a respectable ranking last year.

Now I won't argue that what happened last Sunday is an accurate reflection of what Foster will do this year, That would translate to over 3600 yards. I'm optimistic, not delusional. I do think that our problem of not having even one productive running back has been solved, though. And BTW Slaton is back and looks servicable.

Isnt that alittle unusual to play a team in preseason and then in regular season ??????

Archived