Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Thrash to return to practice

Oldskool

Eagles | Thrash Returns - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:25:08 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles WR James Thrash (concussion/neck) returned to practice on Monday, Aug. 25, participating in non-contact drills, according to Bob Kent of PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Thrash expects to play in the season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but his status for the team's exhibition finale on Thursday, Aug. 28 against the New York Jets is uncertain.

I have a feeling that this guy is coming back to early and is just one safety coming across the middle and smacking him in the grill away from another concussion.

Thank god for him, he doesnt play in the career graveyard formerly known as the Vet anymore.

Considering the way Trash left the field, this is a very good thing for him. Though if it were me, that status for the last exhibition game would be changed from uncertain to uh uh. Nope. No way. Have a beer and a seat till the opener. Thanks for playing.

:cheers:

Originally posted by NavyDave

He has a roster spot and when healthy is better Freddie (Brownbag him) Mitchell.

Of course he has a roster spot, he's the teams 2nd best receiver :hump:. Mitchell has actually looked very good in training camp and equally as good in preseason (something like 5th in terms of yardage among receivers so far). Hopefully he'll carry his quality play into the season and supplant Thrash as the team's #2.

BTW- I was at the game at the Linc. It was VERY loud in the beginning. When the team started to play poorly it got very quiet obviously. I sat 11 rows up in the endzone. The walls are MUCH smaller. I wouldn't be suprised to see either a) a Lambeau-esque leap by a philly player after scoring a TD or, B) some fan running onto the field from the endzone :doh:

Archived