Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: Redskins vs. Ravens (Final)

JimmiJo

Don't know if anyone posted this but I'm watching the game for the first time on NFL Network this morning. Thought it was pretty funny, smart, and obvious that Laron faked an injury when he was trying to get off the field to get his helmet fixed while we were defending near the goalline on the Raven's first 3pts. Anyhow, thought it was actually a pretty smart move to do it since we had to make a sub so late in the play-clock.

From my Twitter last night:

"Brian Orakpo wasn't worried about loss. Said Redskins didn't watch film or gamplan for Ravens. Defense was straight vanilla."

Let's not overreact, fellas.

The first-team Redskins and first-team Ravens played even. A gimmick special teams play enabled the only touchdown against the 'Skins starting defense this entire preseason.

Could they have played better? Of course. Is it the end of the world? Nope.

From my Twitter last night:

"Brian Orakpo wasn't worried about loss. Said Redskins didn't watch film or gamplan for Ravens. Defense was straight vanilla."

Let's not overreact, fellas.

The first-team Redskins and first-team Ravens played even. A gimmick special teams play enabled the only touchdown against the 'Skins starting defense this entire preseason.

Could they have played better? Of course. Is it the end of the world? Nope.

Well, that does it.

I officially hate the preseason.

Let's limit it to 2 games. One for young player evaluation and one for dress rehearsal for the vets.

Give them a week's break and start the regular season.

Well, that does it.

I officially hate the preseason.

Let's limit it to 2 games. One for young player evaluation and one for dress rehearsal for the vets.

Give them a week's break and start the regular season.

second that.

Then hopefully you limit injuries in the pre-season. Losing Kareem Moore (most likely) for the opener isn't good.

If a player gets injured, let him get injured in a game that actually affects the season not just a glorified scrimmage against another team.

Wide receivers and backs showed us we should have gotten TO and Westbrook to help McNabb.

We tried, hello. He took a better deal with loads of guaranteed money and incentives. It's not like we didn't want him.

Remember that Portis is our third down back. His blocking is vital, as we see again and again and again.

Archived