Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Jammal Brown looks like a go versus Ravens

Skinsfanatic_1

Brown Was Full-Go

Oftentimes players participate in the early part of practice, going through warm-ups and drills with teammates.

Then when 11-on-11 work begins, they casually go to the sidelines.

On Sunday, Jammal Brown stayed on the field. He was deemed full-go after experiencing hip soreness the last week.

"It felt good," Brown said after practice. "I felt like I had one of my better practices, too. It felt good moving around. There was some football soreness, but that's football."

Brown said he wanted to play in the Redskins' preseason opener last Friday vs. Buffalo, but coaches and team doctors thought it best for him to get more rest.

He was replaced in the lineup by Stephon Heyer.

"I sat that one out, but I'm looking forward to the next one," Brown said, referring to the Aug. 21 preseason game vs. Baltimore at FedExField.

Brown, who joined the Redskins as part of a trade with the New Orleans Saints on June 21, has had limited reps with the first-team offensive line in training camp.

He is a two-time Pro Bowl left tackle, but he is expected to start at right tackle for the Redskins. (Rookie Trent Williams is slotted in at left tackle.)

Brown said he was impressed with the offensive line's performance against the Bills. The unit yielded just two fourth-quarter sacks and pounded out 140 rushing yards.

"We're working hard and we have a great offensive line coach in Coach Foerster," Brown said. "Coach Shanahan has this program going in the right way."

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Practice_Report__Training_Camp_Updates_From_Redskins_Park_141664.jsp

I'm excited to see what he can do myself.

Sweet. This is going to be a test for our o-line. The Ravens may have a banged up secondary, but they can still pressure the QB. I am anxious to see if they look as good as last week. One thing that struck me not just with our o-line but especially with the line was that we had some guys who were starting last year playing on the third string now. I realize we have alot more work to do, but it shows how much change has happened. I am excited.

"I sat that one out, but I'm looking forward to the next one," Brown said, referring to the Aug. 21 preseason game vs. Baltimore at FedExField.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Practice_Report__Training_Camp_Updates_From_Redskins_Park_141664.jsp

I'm excited to see what he can do myself.

That sounds like good news.

EDIT: Nevermind looks like you got it. :thumbsup:

That sounds like good news.

Just FYI though, you may want to edit your title to include the source of your link. Click on the "Edit" button in your OP, and then click "Go Advanced" and change the title. Maybe "As per Redskins.com: Jammal Brown looks like a go versus Ravens". Not trying to play thread police, but I saw earlier today where the Mods had asked to please reference sources in the title.

thanks

Archived