Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Here's why Cowboys' (Pukes') offensive line has struggled in preseason

tr1

I thought the 3 or 4 of the sacks was against their started in one drive alone last week against the pukes starters?

The first two were coverage sacks. Period.

Those were both tabbed to Columbo.

Romo sits to pee was sacked in those first two after holding the ball for over 5 seconds.

Hardly the problem that TR1 and others would have you believe.

I really believe the Cowboys Offensive line problems are GROSSLY exaggerated.

The Cowboys were the healthiest team in the league last year. Every team has players who miss time or play through injuries that they probably shouldn't. But the Cowboys were the only team in the league not to have a single starter on offense or defense go on IR. They had similar luck in 2007.

Maybe the rest of the league should employ the camp cupcake approach?

Not our fault that other teams beat the hell out of their guys and wonder why they break down during the season.....

Since when is a team that can keep its players healthy a bad thing? God, some of you try to make it sound like a team should get some starters on IR to get some kind of street cred. Of all of the many stupid things I've heard on this forum, this is definitely right up there!!

I totally agree. I've heard some horrendously dumb things on this forum, but this easily takes the cake.

To act as though a team being able to stay healthy is something to be ashamed of is beyond pathetic. Using luck as an excuse is beyond pathetic. Very, very weak.

Maybe the rest of the league should employ the camp cupcake approach?

Not our fault that other teams beat the hell out of their guys and wonder why they break down during the season.....

Yeah...like when we lost Phillip Daniels for the year on something like the 3rd play of the first day of training camp...you can tell he only got injured because he was worked too hard during those first 2 plays by the coaching staff. And when our backup DE behind him was lost for the season less than an hour later, it was all that extra work he had to undergo because the Redskins' coaching staff "beat the hell" out of him and the rest of the players during that extra hour of training camp.

Not to mention when we lost two starting O-Linemen by week 2 of the season, it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that it was due to them being overworked during the preseason...nobody should be expected to last all the way until week 2 of any season after that type of treatment!

Since when is a team that can keep its players healthy a bad thing? God, some of you try to make it sound like a team should get some starters on IR to get some kind of street cred. Of all of the many stupid things I've heard on this forum, this is definitely right up there!!
I totally agree. I've heard some horrendously dumb things on this forum, but this easily takes the cake.

To act as though a team being able to stay healthy is something to be ashamed of is beyond pathetic. Using luck as an excuse is beyond pathetic. Very, very weak.

Um. What the **** are you talking about?

I'm with BBJ...what the **** ARE you guys talking about? lol :ols:...

Who said teams keeping their players healthy is a bad thing? I've seen people say it is a lucky thing...but never a bad thing.

Who said Cowboys fans should be ashamed at how healthy their players have been?...Maybe some might convey the thought that Cowboys fans acting like Dallas has had just as many injuries as the rest of the division (and the league) is asinine and delusional...but I've not seen anyone claim Dallas fans need to feel "ashamed" (or any other word like it) by their team's level of health.

I really believe the Cowboys Offensive line problems are GROSSLY exaggerated.

You believe a lot of things.

Show me one poster (besides VCDefectors), just one anywhere on here saying that starters staying healthy is a bad thing. The reason anyone is talking about injuries here is that the Cowboys have not had as many as other teams the last few years. Will they do as well if the injuries start to pile up? It's a valid question.

How that gets turned into "To act as though a team being able to stay healthy is something to be ashamed of is beyond pathetic" is beyond me. Oh wait, I know how that happens. Someone with an agenda and a fundamental lack of reading comprehension wanders by.

I keep on reading this...seriously, if I've read it once I've read it a hundred times as if fans are saying that the Cowboys deserve this because they haven't had to deal with the same injuries that the rest of the league has for the last several years.

What they're forgetting about was in 2009, damn near the entire draft class was out, K Hamlin missed a bunch of time, Roy Williams missed several weeks, Columbo missed time, Barber SHOULD have missed time, and Ware probably should have as well.

I shouldn't go into 2008, but I will by bringing up Romo sits to pee, who missed several weeks with a broken finger, Roy Williams (safety) could'nt stop breaking his own arms, Felix Jones missed most of the season with a bad hamstring, Kosier missed most of the season, Mat McBriar missed most of the season, Witten had to wear a flak jacket because of his broken ribs, and the rest of the team looked like a MASH unit with Newman, Henry, Stanback, Austin, Hurd, and God knows who else missing time.

Seriously, the Cowboys have been more fortunate than some, and less fortunate than others, but we shouldn't act like the Cowboys have been riding the Injury-Free Train for the last decade.

Echo is a perfectly fitting name for you. Because Ive seen pretty much this exact post in another thread.

That being said, big deal. You just named 3 players who missed SOME time. Its not like you had ANY starters who missed the entire season. The boys have been healthy compared to most NFL teams. At one point in the season the Redskins had 9 players on IR, while dallass had 3 (none of which were starters). Keep in mind that the Bucs had 12 on IR. Most teams average between 2-5 players on IR. So your thought of the boys not being healthy last year goes without justification.

You believe a lot of things.

Show me one poster (besides VCDefectors), just one anywhere on here saying that starters staying healthy is a bad thing. The reason anyone is talking about injuries here is that the Cowboys have not had as many as other teams the last few years. Will they do as well if the injuries start to pile up? It's a valid question.

How that gets turned into "To act as though a team being able to stay healthy is something to be ashamed of is beyond pathetic" is beyond me. Oh wait, I know how that happens. Someone with an agenda and a fundamental lack of reading comprehension wanders by.

This guy constantly claims that people post things that they never do. I wouldnt pay too much mind to him

Yeah...like when we lost Phillip Daniels for the year on something like the 3rd play of the first day of training camp...you can tell he only got injured because he was worked too hard during those first 2 plays by the coaching staff. And when our backup DE behind him was lost for the season less than an hour later, it was all that extra work he had to undergo because the Redskins' coaching staff "beat the hell" out of him and the rest of the players during that extra hour of training camp.

Not to mention when we lost two starting O-Linemen by week 2 of the season, it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that it was due to them being overworked during the preseason...nobody should be expected to last all the way until week 2 of any season after that type of treatment!

How old is Daniels now, 58?

Obviously my post was a jab at all of the numbskulls who bashed our approach to training camp, yet we still stay healthier than everyone else and won the division.

But i know you knew that....

How old is Daniels now, 58?

Obviously my post was a jab at all of the numbskulls who bashed our approach to training camp, yet we still stay healthier than everyone else and won the division.

But i know you knew that....

And obviously my post was a jab at all the numbskulls who think that Dallas' avoidance of season-ending injuries like the ones I mentioned has been due to anything other than blind luck...luck that always eventually runs out for every team.

But I know you knew that.

And obviously my post was a jab at all the numbskulls who think that Dallas' avoidance of season-ending injuries like the ones I mentioned has been due to anything other than blind luck...luck that always eventually runs out for every team.

But I know you knew that.

Nope, didn't know that.

But, I also don't agree with your point entirely.

While there is an element of luck in avoiding injuries, there is a reason that teams have top strength and conditioning programs and have trainors on staff for preventing injuries.

If they didn't think they could influence injuries, they would spend so much time trying to train and condition to avoid them.

I think perhaps luck, combined with a superior strength and conditioning coach, with a touch of Cupcake is probably the most likely explanation.

Archived