Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Oh boys own stuff again from young Ben Woodburn. Two in two for the 16 year old prodigy. 

Absolutely made up for him. Don't expect to see him at all this year. But his development is rapid and he looks an absolute natural. Another few years down the line we could have one heck of a winger. 

Hail. 

How calm was that approach once he got the ball?

Right at the keeper and then near posted him once he got the angle.  At 16!

No reason to rush him.  Let him enjoy (and get used to) dominating so he's ready for it a few years down the road.

EDIT: here you go

Hopefully nothing. Great to see him get 90 minutes under his belt. Been real impressed with him each game. Great composed quality on the ball. A serious threat the air. And a real solid defender. Another clean sheet for Karius and his first 90 minutes. Real good second half all round save for Markovic who is one HIGHLY expensive flop. God how we've missed Ings movement and work rate. And Trent A-A looking like he completely fits this level too. 

A good work out and another very enjoyable game for a friendly. 

Hail. 

Markovic was the only one who honestly looked out of place.  Randall didn't have the best game, but he at least had some moments.  I thought Stewart wasn't very good, but he was in the right spots again.

Jurgen says it's a minor ankle, probably a clip cause he didn't look like he rolled it.  But want to talk about a guy who comes out and wins headers or sweeps up on a counter to get the ball right back to the midfield... Matip was excellent today.  So happy with that signing.  Oh, and not to mention that tackle on the wing inside the 18 second half. 

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Jurgen says it's a minor ankle, probably a clip cause he didn't look like he rolled it.  But want to talk about a guy who comes out and wins headers or sweeps up on a counter to get the ball right back to the midfield... Matip was excellent today.  So happy with that signing.  Oh, and not to mention that tackle on the wing inside the 18 second half. 

We need to start a book on which of the BT or the super sensitive one will be the first to say 'It's all down to the Germans!' when we're taking the piss the top the league next year!

You know it's coming!

Hail. 

• Like 1

We need to start a book on which of the BT or the super sensitive one will be the first to say 'It's all down to the Germans!' when we're taking the piss the top the league next year!

You know it's coming!

Hail. 

Speaking of Germans... Bascombe is saying Hector is just about done.

Then an "experienced" CB and a CM.

I hate you I hate you I HATE YOU!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: .

Hail. 

There were two saying it was just about done.  One of them deactivated all together and one stopped talking lol.

Waiting on the 10:30 news cycle for an update.

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes 52s52 seconds ago

Liverpool have made a move for Georginio Wijnaldum, the Newcastle United midfielder, and are hoping a fee can be agreed this week.

**** THAT! Ojo needs to be at Anfield!

Hail. 

If it's not Klopp who better than Rafa?

If no Ojo it's going to be a 30 mil price tag.

I think Wijnaldum is better than Zielinski.  Not sure he's better than Dahoud is "going" to be... but he's not a bad player.  I also think he's better than Henderson. 

This one looks like it's going to be wrapped up by Thursdays plane ride.

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho 18s19 seconds ago

#LFC closing in on a £4.2million deal to sign FC Augsburg defender Ragnar Klavan this week

There's your veteran CB

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes 1m1 minute ago

Liverpool are set to sign Ragnar Klavan from Augsburg to provide defensive cover. Fee in the region of £4m for the Estonia centre back.

Viktor Fagerström @ViktorFagerLFC 50s50 seconds ago

Estonia international Klavan is set to arrive on Merseyside in the next 48 hours for an initial fee of just over £4m. #LFC (Paul Joyce)

Would be ecstatic if the Reds sign Wijnaldum. Best of the lot in the post RVP-Robben-Sneijder era, imo.

Showed far better attacking option than Depay in their first years in the EPL.

I dig Ojo too, but if he'd get tons of Championship minutes, might be good for his development. £20 mill is plenty, £27 mill is ridiculous when you consider he signed for almost half that last year...but, such is the name of the game 2016.

• Like 1

Would be ecstatic if the Reds sign Wijnaldum. Best of the lot in the post RVP-Robben-Sneijder era, imo.

I dig Ojo too, but if he'd get tons of Championship minutes, might be good for his development. £20 mill is plenty, £27 mill is ridiculous when you consider he signed for almost half that last year...but, such is the name of the game 2016.

£15 million for Ibe. £15/20 million for Wjnaldum. You look at it like that and it's a good upgrade of depth 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Don't expect to see him at all this year. But his development is rapid and he looks an absolute natural.

Just saw he isn't going to come to America cause he has to get ready for school :lol:

16 years old... crazy

I agree with all.  Scored 11 in the PL last year... that's more than any Liverpool player.

That's the kind of player who wins you a cup or pushes your Jordan Henderson's of the team.  Also makes Milner an option elsewhere.

If this early Monday morning is any indication, I want Wijnaldam BAD! Three Evertonians pissed thus far. 

If he's gonna' bring about major fume among the bitters get him signed ASAP! Haha.

Hail. 

He's saying **** off to the Blue side and to Spurs and their Champions League.  He wants to play for us and Klopp.

Sounds like real solid, reliable defensive cover. Exactly what you need for depth. Hard to argue with all that experience when he's costing buttons. 

Who is*Ragnar Klavan? All you need to know about Liverpool's latest signing

Hail. 

I think through 2 legs we only scored a pen vs Augsburg and he was marking Firmino... who, at the time was scoring goals for fun.

• Like 1

Not seen anything but with 11 mins to go, England are winning again 2-1 and Ojo has made another goal and would of had 2 assists if a third England goal hadn't been ruled out. 

So 2 starts, 3 assists which could of been 4. 

Not too shabby Sheyi lad. 

1067451d1468838623-liverpool-thread-1373

He's saying **** off to the Blue side and to Spurs and their Champions League.  He wants to play for us and Klopp.

If Newcastle are adamant they want at least £27 million, then they can **** off too!

Wouldn't pay that for a squad player. Even if he is upgrading. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

If Newcastle are adamant they want at least £27 million, then they can **** off too!

Wouldn't pay that for a squad player. Even if he is upgrading. 

Hail. 

That's big club business these days unfortunately.  And big clubs do that to us all the time.  Dudes that could've started for us went elsewhere and were never heard from again.  *Looks over at Chelsea and City*

• Like 1

That's big club business these days unfortunately.  And big clubs do that to us all the time.  Dudes that could've started for us went elsewhere and were never heard from again.  *Looks over at Chelsea and City*

Take this FWIW. From a local paper on Tyneside and their Newcastle beat man:

Gini Wijnaldum due on Merseyside as Liverpool close in on deal for Newcastle midfielder - Shields Gazette

Hail.