Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty

Wow, google, why didn't I think of that???;)

I asked because I wanted someone with some knowledge of it to let me know how they use it, what to do/not to do, and any place or items there to avoid.

But, hey, at least you can google.

haha wow, no need to get salty just because you can't google. you're welcome. and i mean that.

The single player campaign is pretty good with blizzards usual well put together story lines and cut scenes.

Blizzard needs to stop ****ing around and get with Pixar to make some pg13/R rated animated films. Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo would all be run away hits as long as Blizzard retained control of story lines.

The single player campaign is pretty good with blizzards usual well put together story lines and cut scenes.

Blizzard needs to stop ****ing around and get with Pixar to make some pg13/R rated animated films. Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo would all be run away hits as long as Blizzard retained control of story lines.

Yeah I don't think that combo would ever work out well together.

Pixar likes to go through this huge creative process, they tweak things, bring in inside consultants (other guys who work in Pixar but on different projects), sometimes outside consultants. Etc. I seriously doubt they'd let go of the reins THAT much to where Blizzard controls so much of it.

Plus the animation styles between Pixar and Blizzard are completely different.

I mean, I don't know if Blizzard's current animation sequences are done in-house or not, but nobody can deny that they've got some very very talented guys. The problem is that they would have to take that team away from the development of animations for their video games and go full throttle after a movie. That would delay the production on their video games by a lot...and they already get delayed years as it is.

this is the greatest RTS of all time. i've been all over the beta. the three races are remarkably well balanced despite the massively different playstyles. the updated graphics look awesome. the matchmaking system is very good at pitting you against someone of equal skill (once you finish your "placement" matches).

i also love the overall starcraft storyline, so i can't wait for the campaign.

"no rush" rules are pointless because then it's just 20 minutes of building buildings, then pumping out battlecruisers or whatever.

just build a hatchery/barracks/gateway at about 10 supply and get some units on the field early and hard rushes shouldn't be too much trouble to defend. it's not as hard as it seems at first.

in the beta, i managed to get some pretty cool achievements. i defeated the "insane"-level AI in under 5 minutes, and i won a "Free For All" match against 7 "insane"-level AIs. those achievements unlocked pretty cool portraits for my profile.

First, I would like to say how much I'm enjoying this game. I have always hated RTS games, even SC1 and WC1,2,3. I used to just cheat to see the storyline and get to the end (always borrowing the game). I decided to pick this one up at release cause most of my gamer friends were playing and at this point I would have to say that SC2 has taken over my gaming life. I can't get enough of it.

greenspandan, the friends I play with have no rules in the match, and I've been working on a nice terran build that deploys reapers as my initial attack, I go into the back of the base with 1-3 reapers since they can jump up levels and take out 4-6 drones. The only time I have had trouble with this is when I attack to early and I don't have a good defense set up. Generally, they will immediately attack back and with no D yet, they can destroy me.

Opiate - yeah, that's the downside of a reaper rush. do you wall off your entrance ramp? that's what most terran players do. prevents zealots or zerglings from getting in, and your reapers of course can leap over the walls.

I would usually wall it off with a couple bunkers, but I noticed in the videos that people use their barracks and factory to wall off the ramp. I'm going to start working on that build next.

Archived